Steam release?

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian, WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin

FroBodine

Steam release?

Post by FroBodine »

So, I just saw that I can register Flashpoint Campaigns for a Steam key on the Slitherine website.

I did so, and then added the key to Steam. It said it successfully registered the game on Steam. But, I do not see the game in my Steam games list?

Is this not fully released yet on Steam? Did Slitherine jump the gun and give us a Steam key too soon?
calgar

RE: Steam release?

Post by calgar »

ORIGINAL: Surtur01

The Flashpoint Campaigns : Red Storm Player’s Edition will release on the 21st of November and will come as a free update to all owners of Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm!

I assume that this is also the release date for steam. Put your Key in a word document and wait another Week.

Regards,

A
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Are we in the pipeline for a Steam release. Yes. Is it the 21st, that we have not heard officially. If it is not next week, it will be on Steam in the near future (January). That's what we know today.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
Tazak

Post by Tazak »

I foresee a few great steam customer reviews to get the ball rolling [;)]
AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Tazak, thanks man! [&o]

Alchenar

Post by Alchenar »

Guess what a steam sale does for you?

http://steamcharts.com/app/330720#1y
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Thanks for the link Alchenar!

Ranger33

Post by Ranger33 »

That's a cool site, I knew people would talk about the most played games on Steam but I didn't know you could check every single game with that much detail. Interesting to see how much Matrix games get played, looks like Distant Worlds was far and away the most popular from what I saw.
Alchenar

Post by Alchenar »

ORIGINAL: Ranger33

That's a cool site, I knew people would talk about the most played games on Steam but I didn't know you could check every single game with that much detail. Interesting to see how much Matrix games get played, looks like Distant Worlds was far and away the most popular from what I saw.

It's limited to doing pulls on current player numbers so it doesn't match the data-metrics that Valve provides to the publisher on sales figures and player habits, but it does provide some useful information for us budding amateurs.

For example, a brief look at the Panzer Corps stats indicates they might do well to put out a US centered expansion and sale (a prize to anyone who can work out why I think that).

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”