Supply Supply

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Platon

Supply Supply

Post by Platon »

V.1.2.1.5:

Why are the units in Malta here out of supply?

with kind regards

Attachments
MaltaSupply.jpg
MaltaSupply.jpg (764.56 KiB) Viewed 118 times
And it is also my belief that there has to be CAP for the active player during Ground Support.
Dabrion

RE: Supply Supply

Post by Dabrion »

Presuming your are playing with LOS, as you show us the convoy screen. You may only use your own and cooperating CP/TRS/AMPH to trace oversea supply paths. In MA40 that will only be CW and its aligned minors (Belgium/Netherlands presumably) units (you can see France has not fallen yet). If you use the FR convoys in the Med. for example, they are good to ship CW resources/BP but cannot put CW units in supply. This will change once there is a Free France, which cooperates.

Could you show the convoy screen for CW only?
"If we come to a minefield, our infantry attacks exactly as it were not there." ~ Georgy Zhukov
Platon

Post by Platon »

You are right that LOS (SIF Option 11) is used.
And your explanation would be true if your citing of this option rule were correct as the one convoypoint in the Eastern Med is in fact a French one. But I think that is not the case.
The rules for LOS (at least in my RAC Manual version) state that one can trace supply through sea areas that contain a (not from an inactive major power) FRIENDLY convoy. And FRIENDLY is defined as "a major power or minor country on your side" by RAC, which France is.

with kind regards

Edit: Italy is at war with both France and the Commonwealth.
And it is also my belief that there has to be CAP for the active player during Ground Support.
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

Platon is right about the rule; cooperation is not required; all that is required is activity. So US convoy points won't help, but French ones will.
I thought I knew how to play this game....
Dabrion

Post by Dabrion »

You are right.. I haven't played RAW7 for some time. You should be able to trace India with no problem then.
"If we come to a minefield, our infantry attacks exactly as it were not there." ~ Georgy Zhukov
Platon

Post by Platon »

It has to be said, you have done well in trying to find an explanation for this being not another supply error. In that you own merit for selfless bravery in face of the enemy. But I fear in vain :)
Or maybe someone else can come up with another explanation out of the wondorous bag of supply rules which puts a boot on this dangerously lurking bug?

with kind regards
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

ORIGINAL: Platon

It has to be said, you have done well in trying to find an explanation for this being not another supply error. In that you own merit for selfless bravery in face of the enemy. But I fear in vain :)
Or maybe someone else can come up with another explanation out of the wondorous bag of supply rules which puts a boot on this dangerously lurking bug?

with kind regards

Not without a saved game, I'm afraid. But on first sight, it appears there is a bug here...
Peter
Platon

Post by Platon »

Here, this should be the corresponding save file.

with kind regards
Attachments
MaltaSupply.zip
(1.48 MiB) Downloaded 7 times
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

It's a bug... [:(]
Peter
Platon

Post by Platon »

Sorry to hear that.

PS: Looking on the bright side this means I seem to understand the supply rules [;)]
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

Sorry to hear that.

PS: Looking on the bright side this means I seem to understand the supply rules [;)]

Like in the Monty Python movie, while hanging on a cross... Great scene, great song...
Peter
Platon

Post by Platon »

Well the Tommies on Malta whistle for sure in the same tune.
And who wants something delivered by this rotten frogeaters after all ... [;)]
Platon

Post by Platon »

ORIGINAL: Centuur

By the way, can you tell what's the problem? Is it the fact that the lonley convoy in the East Med is French?
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

ORIGINAL: Centuur

By the way, can you tell what's the problem? Is it the fact that the lonley convoy in the East Med is French?

I don't know at all. The fact that the convoy is French should not make a difference at all...
Peter
joshuamnave

Post by joshuamnave »

It shouldn't, but I'm fairly sure that's the problem. I've had Persia units out of supply that should have been supplied by Italian convoys in the Caspian, Spanish units OOS that should have been supplied by Italian convoys, and now US troops in Morocco that should be supplied by British CP's but are not. The one common denominator in every case is an allied CP providing the supply.

In at least one of those cases, an HQ unit on the coast was in supply but not acting as a secondary supply source, making me wonder if the problem isn't related only to railway supply lines.
Head Geek in Charge at politigeek.net - the intersection of politics and all things geeky
Platon

Post by Platon »

Interestingly, after the Royal Navy managed to drive the Italians out of the East Med the next turn, the lonely French convoy now manages to supply the CW troops on Malta. This behaviour would be explainable if France and Italy were not a war, only the CW and Italy. But they are, I checked the Relations Form and Italian troops have conquered Tunisia in the meantime and are up to their necks in Algeria now.

Return to “Tech Support”