palembang load issue

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

steverodgers801

palembang load issue

Post by steverodgers801 »

I am playing as Japan against the computer its june 1943 and my tankers wont load. Ive cut it down to a single tanker, I have 20k oik available and one other transport convoy loading resources. I wasn't having this issueearlierin the game
wdolson

RE: palembang load issue

Post by wdolson »

What is the size of the port? The port can only be built up to size 4, which is still very small. It starts smaller than that.

Task forces will back up with none loading for a turn or two if the port is small and other TFs are loading. If the port is under 4, you will probably have a significant backup.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
steverodgers801

its five
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: steverodgers80

I am playing as Japan against the computer its june 1943 and my tankers wont load. Ive cut it down to a single tanker, I have 20k oik available and one other transport convoy loading resources. I wasn't having this issueearlierin the game

From memory PBang has 900 Oil and 1020 Refineries. Each refinery takes 10 oil points per day, so your refineries want more oil than you produce. If you've sucked your oil down to 20k you have less than 2 days supply of oil and the game code is probably saving the oil to feed the refineries the next day, not putting it on your tankers. FWIW Allied players have a similar problem at LA.

I don't play Japan, but it seems as if you have several options:

1. Ship fuel home
2. Turn off the refineries long enough to build an inventory of oil back again.

This also assumes nothing has been damaged in the fighting and everything is at max output.

Edit: to supplement the 900/day you should have some oil coming from at least Djambi, and maybe farther north too. Check and make sure there are open hexes to the other oil producing bases on Sumatra.
The Moose
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

ORIGINAL: steverodgers80

its five

It depends on the scenario. I've been playing scenarios based on The Babes for a while and they reduced the max build to 4 (base of 1). I guess it's a base of 2 in the official scenarios. My bad.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
steverodgers801

thanks
jmalter

Post by jmalter »

Moose has it right, the base refinery will will lock up any oil & prevent it from loading, I think you need at least 2 times the daily refinery usage before you can load oil for export. The solution is to turn off the refinery for a day or three, & build up an excess sufficient to load your tankers.

Return to “Tech Support”