Carrier group formations... WIKI....

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

magi

Carrier group formations... WIKI....

Post by magi »

This was pretty darn good….I really like Wikipedia… Still trying to find more on electronic warfare… And it's tactical application…
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Car ... up_tactics
AdmiralSteve

RE: Carrier group formations... WIKI....

Post by AdmiralSteve »

An excellent read. After playing naval warfare for a gazillion years, I still have not found an era that I prefer playing in. The WWI/WWII era has CVBG formations relatively tight, within 50 miles usually, and harder to defend. Vietnam and later, the missile age allowed for larger rings, standoff SAM's and radar picket ships 200+ miles from the main group making an attack seemingly more difficult. Post Cold War has given us E-3, P-8, satellites and X-band radar meaning nobody goes undetected and OTH targeting is the norm. Kind of like playing tag in a closet.

Thanks for sharing.
“There are no extraordinary men...just extraordinary circumstances that ordinary men are forced to deal with.”
Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr. 1882-1959

magi

RE: Carrier group formations... WIKI....

Post by magi »

I believe you're right… It's really hard to hide nowadays… Even if somebody the opposition may not have satellite Intel… It seems somebody use usually willing to give it to them…
I understand groups change course after satellite passes…
I believe we will all know something bad is going to happen… When satellite start falling from the sky…
I also suspect we have extra atmospheric aircraft that can fly around and look for stuff from space… Really cool…

Return to “The War Room”