How to send game file

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

swkuh

How to send game file

Post by swkuh »

A player has asked for game file to allow their game vs. AI to begin w/non-AI 1st turn. I have such files, but do not know how to send such via email, or whatever method would work. Any help appreciated? Using Win 8.
jwolf

RE: How to send game file

Post by jwolf »

Dropbox would work just fine.
swkuh

Post by swkuh »

Thanks jwolf, but you don't know how little I know. Dropbox? Quantum mechanics? Arithmetic? its all Greek to me...
jwolf

Post by jwolf »

I played some PBEM scenarios with Loki and he recommended dropbox to transfer the turns to each other.  Trust me, I was clueless as well but it is easy to use and works very well.  Go to dropbox.com which allows you to set up a free file sharing service.  You will need to create an account and then you need the email address of anyone else who is supposed to have access to it.  Dropbox will send them an email with some kind of confirmation code and then you're all set to go.

I suppose you can enact a Schrodinger's cat scenario with a save that is uploaded but not yet opened by the other player. [;)]
loki100

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: rrbill

Thanks jwolf, but you don't know how little I know. Dropbox? Quantum mechanics? Arithmetic? its all Greek to me...

This might help you. In reality its easier to do than to write. Also you can then set it up so its like a normal windows folder so just move save games from the WiTE folder to the drop box folder and you don't even need to actually log on to their website:

Attachments
dropbox.jpg
dropbox.jpg (235.05 KiB) Viewed 25 times
swkuh

Post by swkuh »

You've taken away my excuses. Should say thanks.

Return to “Tech Support”