Can't play

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

guderian68

Can't play

Post by guderian68 »

Hi

just bought boxed german version of the game.
The game always freeze, forcing me to shut down the game. I was never able to finish a single turn, both on campaign and with road to leningrad/minsk scenario.
I have win7 64 : there is some known issue or incompatibility that I can check to solve the problem?
It happen with latest official patch and with 1.08 beta currently avaible.
There is also some log file that I can send to you?
Thanks a lot

Paolo
morvael

RE: Can't play

Post by morvael »

Were you patient enough? The game appears to freeze (and Windows thinks so) because it's not processing AI or logistics phase in a separate thread. You have to be patient and it's better not to switch to any other windows while the game is doing calculations (or just ignore that Windows says the game is not responding and patiently wait until it refreshes). If that's not this issue, then perhaps you have some other problems with your system (sound codecs? but they would cause crash earlier).
guderian68

Post by guderian68 »

Ok I'll try to wait but the freeze happens during my moving.
Thanks a lot !
Paolo
morvael

Post by morvael »

Rename sound folder to sound_ and video to video_ (inside Dat folder). That way you will play with no sounds and videos. If it helps, then you have some problems with drivers.
guderian68

Post by guderian68 »

Probably I have a sound problem. When I start a game two tray icon appear : LAV Filter and LAV Audio decoder. After doing some battle they duplicates. Now I have only to found how remove it (no unistaller found since now).
Can please only confirm me that LAV is not part of WITE ?
Paolo
guderian68

Post by guderian68 »

Solved!
They were the LAV filter 0.63. Removed and I can complete the road to minsk without a problem. Thanks for your support.
Paolo

Return to “Tech Support”