Cool 3D Hex Globe

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

Fintilgin

Cool 3D Hex Globe

Post by Fintilgin »

This is pretty cool!

Please implement right away! [;)] [:D]

Attachments
hexglobe.jpg
hexglobe.jpg (41.74 KiB) Viewed 303 times
Jeffrey H.

RE: Cool 3D Hex Globe

Post by Jeffrey H. »

Way cool. What is the intended usage of this thing ?
History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson
Fintilgin

Post by Fintilgin »

Looks like he's selling it on the Unity store as a base for someone to use in their own Unity game to make a grand strategy/wargame.

I'd love to see something like SC pick it up or implement a similar version. [s]Probably[/s] Definitely too late for SC3, but SC4... who knows?! [:'(]
Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

ORIGINAL: Fintilgin

Looks like he's selling it on the Unity store as a base for someone to use in their own Unity game to make a grand strategy/wargame.

I'd love to see something like SC pick it up or implement a similar version. [s]Probably[/s] Definitely too late for SC3, but SC4... who knows?! [:'(]

Ya lots of hex based games could really benefit from such a map. I get the feeling that a developer would have to essentially make a game around them map though.

Ron Swanson
Tasarran

Post by Tasarran »

Hi! My name is Allan Floyd, developer at Electric Rune, and creator of that particular Asset! Glad you think it is cool. [8D]

There are several Web-Player Links in that forum post you linked at the top, I would advise checking them out if you are at all interested in the subject... Pretty much everything is there, from my first attempts up through several prototypes, all with Web Player Demos. Get the Unity plugin, and enjoy!

Also check out 'HexTech,' a similar framework for doing large-scale terrain maps, like Civ, or maps with varying heights, that I intended to be 'battle' maps.
I can't post links here yet, just search "HexTech Unity;" there's a YouTube video at the top that shows off how it works, narrated by a very dull narrator... [;)]

My work on HexTech brought me to the attention of Hunted Cow Studios, who enlisted me to make a game, in partnership with Hexwar Ltd. This game is called 'Russian Front,' and it just released at the end of September - my first released title, if you don't count HexTech and HexGlobe, (which I don't, lol)! [:D] Check it out a Hunted Cow Studios.
Russian Front uses a modified HexTech map; of a set size, and with a hand-painted terrain texture.

HexGlobe didn't really have a purpose when I started, it was just an idea that I wanted to try and accomplish; mixing the 'HexPlanet' I had read a paper about with my fractal terrain from HexTech. I'm pretty happy with the results!
As I worked on it, I began to think of a global grand strategy of course; but it also got me thinking of a space exploration game, in the vein of Star Control 2, or StarFlight.

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy my modest body of work... [:'(]
I had a much longer post here a few minutes ago, but the Internet ate it, and I don't have the energy to re-create it, so this will have to do.

Feel free to hit me up with any questions you might have; I do so love to talk about myself. :D

Allan Floyd
Electric Rune
Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

ORIGINAL: Tasarran

Hi! My name is Allan Floyd, developer at Electric Rune, and creator of that particular Asset! Glad you think it is cool. [8D]

There are several Web-Player Links in that forum post you linked at the top, I would advise checking them out if you are at all interested in the subject... Pretty much everything is there, from my first attempts up through several prototypes, all with Web Player Demos. Get the Unity plugin, and enjoy!

Also check out 'HexTech,' a similar framework for doing large-scale terrain maps, like Civ, or maps with varying heights, that I intended to be 'battle' maps.
I can't post links here yet, just search "HexTech Unity;" there's a YouTube video at the top that shows off how it works, narrated by a very dull narrator... [;)]

My work on HexTech brought me to the attention of Hunted Cow Studios, who enlisted me to make a game, in partnership with Hexwar Ltd. This game is called 'Russian Front,' and it just released at the end of September - my first released title, if you don't count HexTech and HexGlobe, (which I don't, lol)! [:D] Check it out a Hunted Cow Studios.
Russian Front uses a modified HexTech map; of a set size, and with a hand-painted terrain texture.

HexGlobe didn't really have a purpose when I started, it was just an idea that I wanted to try and accomplish; mixing the 'HexPlanet' I had read a paper about with my fractal terrain from HexTech. I'm pretty happy with the results!
As I worked on it, I began to think of a global grand strategy of course; but it also got me thinking of a space exploration game, in the vein of Star Control 2, or StarFlight.

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy my modest body of work... [:'(]
I had a much longer post here a few minutes ago, but the Internet ate it, and I don't have the energy to re-create it, so this will have to do.

Feel free to hit me up with any questions you might have; I do so love to talk about myself. :D

Allan Floyd
Electric Rune

Hi Allan, sorry for the delayed response. I'm just now reading this. I don't see the game you mentioned on the Hunted Cow website.

Going to look over hextech now.

Ron Swanson
Tasarran

Post by Tasarran »

Hunted Cow recently spun their TBS catalog into a susidiary, Hexwar.

You can find the link to it under the Hunted Cow site, I can't post links...

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”