Game locks up at Houffalize

Post bug reports and ask for help with technical issues here.
Klinkerhofen

Game locks up at Houffalize

Post by Klinkerhofen »

I'm playing The Grand Campaign, day 5 turn 2. The latest map is Houffalize, but evertime it finishes (either through times up, truce or morale gets too low) the game locks up on the loading screen. I have to use "end task" to free the game up. When I go back in, the saved game I was using has vanished. Whatever I do to end this map makes no difference.
Any ideas?
Cheers
Klink
Tejszd

RE: Game locks up at Houffalize

Post by Tejszd »

Do you have the latest patch applied?
Klinkerhofen

Post by Klinkerhofen »

The latest patch has now been applied (states version 4.50.14 on the main menu), but the issue still persists.

As a bit of background info; the first time I played this map on the 25 day campaign exactly the same thing happened and I had to start the whole campaign again. On my second attempt at the 25 day campaign when I played this map there wasn't a problem, however both the AI and myself have now moved back into this map and I'm experiencing this problem.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Try re-starting your game and playing it from the beginning. I know this isn't ideal but if there is an issue with your saved game file that was resolved in the patch it may be the way to get past this.

There's nothing specific to the Houffalize map itself that would cause this, as far as I am aware. You might try creating a mini-operation in the scenario editor and fighting on this map, and see if this causes the same problem.

Have you installed any mods of any kind?

Steve
Klinkerhofen

Post by Klinkerhofen »

OK, I'll give it a go. Thanks for the help.
Klinkerhofen

Post by Klinkerhofen »

I've re-started the Grand Campaign as instrtucted and reached Day 6 and the same thing has happened again on the most Southern Map - it freezes and loses the last file I loaded. I have saved at every opportunity and kept the saved files when a half day comes to an end. I loaded the last file where I could move groups and took them out of the most southern map; all was OK. I'm now on Day 7 and the game has frozen again on Houffalize!!!!!!!!!! Can someone please tell me why this is happening? This is very, very, very frustrating. Am I now going to have to load the last point where I could move groups and by pass Houffalize????? This is really no way to play the game; I don't think even the Nazis had this much trouble!

Some help would be greatly appreciiated that doesn't involve restaring the campaign from scratch in some vain hope this has resolved the problem!
Platoon_Michael

Post by Platoon_Michael »

I'm no tech by any means but have you tried Completely uninstalling the game and reinstall it?
Have you played previous Battles at Houffalize during your GC with no problems?
Or is it always at some point during your GC?

I've played the death out of this game and haven't ever had that problem.

If it crashes every-time maybe someone can upload the map files for you to replace.
If its random I'd try saving your GC somewhere and do a COMPLETE uninstall.

You also never mentioned if you were using any Mods?
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Klinkerhofen,

Try avoiding on the battle on Houffalize and see if that allows you to continue. Is that the final battle of the turn/day?

Also, you can send me a PM and I can take a look at the saved game file. Are you using any mods?

Steve
Klinkerhofen

Post by Klinkerhofen »

Sorry for the delay in responding - I haven't tried unistalling the game as yet.

It doesn't crash everytime I play Houffalize. I have played it succesfully, only to find it crashes the next day/turn. I re-started the campaign from scratch and deliberately avoided Houffalize. However, after a number of days (6) I decided to enter Houffalize; unfortuantely it then crashed on the most southern map (can't recall the name). I went back to the start of the previous turn/day that I had saved and moved out of the southerly map. All was well until I came to Houfflaize; then it locked up! I've now gone back to the last saved day/turn and moved out of Houffalize. All is going well at the moment but I haven't finished the turn yet. I'll let you knoe how it goes!

I don't have any mods.

Thanks for the help/advise
Klinkerhofen

Post by Klinkerhofen »

Forgot to say...

I'm not sure if its the last map of the turn, but I have a feeling it may well be.

Steve - I'll try and attach the saved file some time soon; I'll see how the end of this turn plays out first.

Again, thanks for the help
Platoon_Michael

Post by Platoon_Michael »

I'm curious.

Was this issue ever resolved?
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

I believe the issue is resolved in the 4.50.15b beta update as I was able to play the battle just fine. Waiting feedback from Klinkerhofen if this resolves it for him.

Steve
Klinkerhofen

Post by Klinkerhofen »

The issue appears to have been resolved since updating to 4.50.15.b. Many thanks for all the help and advise.
Cheers
Klink

Return to “Tech Support”