Supply/Weight Points Conversion Question

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

GaryChildress

Supply/Weight Points Conversion Question

Post by GaryChildress »

According to stats a cargo ship can carry 50 points. Most basic units count as 1 weight point. So (if I understand correctly) a cargo ship can carry up to 50 rifle units (for example). So my question is, if I load an HQ with supply in it, how much does supply count in weight points? For example I tried loading an HQ with 44 points worth of weight in units into a cargo ship. That worked. However, when I added supply to the HQ, too much supply caused the HQ to be "too heavy" for the cargo ship. I'd like to try to calculate how much a single cargo ship can contain so I can plan production accordingly. Does anyone know the conversion stats for supply/weight points?

Thanks.
GaryChildress

RE: Supply/Weight Points Conversion Question

Post by GaryChildress »

OK. I did a test. I created an HQ unit and managed to come up with the following maximum numbers for supply/rifles.
Basically I did the first few calculations and then extrapolated from there to create the rest of the table and did a couple random tests in the middle of the table to confirm.

Unfortunately when I did horses vs. supply the whole proportion got blown out of whack so I don't know what the formula is for each individual item versus supply. [:o]

For Example: Starting with 1 ship, I can load 1 rifle sub-formation plus 501 supplies. When I get to 3 cargo ships and load 7 rifles I can get 1453 supplies into the rest of the cargo space on the ship.
Attachments
Table.gif
Table.gif (13.33 KiB) Viewed 15 times

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”