Several Newbie questions about pirate gaming details

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Jndion

Several Newbie questions about pirate gaming details

Post by Jndion »

1. How do I control ship fighters manually? As I was playing as a pirate, even if I set ship stance to "Engage when attacked", and I had already captured the enemy ship, and all the ships had stopped attacking this ship, but only the fighters, they continued attacking this ship which is already mine until it finally destroyed. Is this a bug or what I can do to prevent it?

2. How to regenerate boarding team faster, I know it regenerates after 2 minutes, can I make that faster?

3. How to manually control tractor beam behavior, for example I tried to capture an enemy ship, even if I set ship stance all to "point black", and the enemy ship is weaker to mine, the tractor will still push this ship to an "average distance" before their shield run out, which may get them run away or destroyed before boarding. I have to use all short distance weapons to prevent it from happening.

thanks.
Shogouki

RE: Several Newbie questions about pirate gaming details

Post by Shogouki »

I don't believe you can order fighters manually aside from tell them to launch or land. In that situation you could order your fighters to land and that should work.

I don't think you can regenerate boarding teams faster except maybe with better tech (Can't check right now as my PC is FUBAR).

One additional thing that can affect how a ship uses a tractor beam is with the ship settings for how they fight weaker/stronger targets. You'll want them to always attack.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”