Steam version question

Alea Jacta Est is a series of Ancient Strategy Games using the renowned and proven AGE engine. The first in the series is Alea Jacta Est, which features the Roman Civil Wars. Other games in the series are Birth of Rome and Parthian Wars. The latest entry, Hannibal: Terror of Rome, highlights the Second Punic War.
Ostwindflak

Steam version question

Post by Ostwindflak »

I saw there are two DLCs on steam for this game. My question is, are the other expansions sold on Matrix compatible with the Steam version of the game or will those expansions be released on Steam at some point for compatibility?
Ostwindflak

RE: Steam version question

Post by Ostwindflak »

So does the AGEOD staff not check the Matrix Forums any longer?
Dorb

Post by Dorb »

Guess not. Let alone with my Birth of Rome, which is not on Steam. They seem to be connected.
I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep.
… Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Perigord
Franciscus

Post by Franciscus »

Hi

sorry for late answer but indeed our main forum is the Ageod forum, we don't check this forum as often as we should, sorry...[:(]

In regards to your question, Oswindflak:

- there are plans to release PAR, BOR and HAN on Steam, but nothing set in stone yet

- BOR and HAN are standalone games so you can safely buy the Matrix versions, install them and no issues will occur.

- PAR is an extension for AJE. You can install the Matrix/Ageod version on top of AJE Steam, but I guess that each time you launch again steam, it will probably erase the PAR scene files... The workaround while PAR is not released in Steam is to simply copy the entire Alea Jacta Est folder from your Steam folder (usual located in Program Files (x86) ▸ Steam ▸ SteamApps ▸ common) and put it anywhere else, it will work without issues and independently of Steam. Make a shortcut to AJE.exe of the copied folder to launch it. You can then install PAR on this copied AJE "installation".

Hope that this is clear

Merry Christmas and a happy new year
Former AJE team member

Return to “Alea Jacta Est Series”