Scenario expansions over the 1.08 update

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

RedBunny

Scenario expansions over the 1.08 update

Post by RedBunny »

Pretty much because of the big 1.08 beta update I'm going to purchase the WITE scenario expansion packs. I've already installed 1.08 - if I now install an expansion pack will the 1.08 updates be applied to the new scenarios too?

On perhaps a related note I see that the scenarios from both the WITE expansion packs are on the playable scenario list after the 1.08 beta update even though I don't have them. They are (understandably) unplayable. Would it cause problems if I delete the scenarios I don't actually have?

Thanks
morvael

RE: Scenario expansions over the 1.08 update

Post by morvael »

I think you have to install 1.08 at the very end. Installers must be run in the same order they were published - base game with 1.00, first expansion with 1.06, second with 1.07 and then 1.08.

It's no problem to delete those scenarios.
RedBunny

Post by RedBunny »

Why so long for the response?

Do you know if it would work if I install the scenario packs and then reinstall the 1.08 beta over my existing 1.08 beta install, or should I uninstall WITE and then reinstall everything in the correct order?

Thanks (that first sentence was a joke of course, and I'll take this opportunity to express my appreciation for everyone on the team who made this update happen).
morvael

Post by morvael »

I think it would work, though I would advise to reinstall from scratch to be on the safe side.
DrewBlack

Post by DrewBlack »

ORIGINAL: morvael

I think it would work, though I would advise to reinstall from scratch to be on the safe side.
Hi

Yes trust me Morvael is right, do from scratch will work ok. I did not and it messed up my computers readings of the scenarios.

Drew

WitE2 - Alpha Tester/Beta Tester
Wite: 1.10 Beta Tester
Wite: Lost Battles Beta Tester
WitW - Beta Tester
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

Hmmm, sounds like another installer issue, if you don't have expansions it shouldn't place updates for the expansions's scenarios.
It shouldn't be a problem to install an expansion after 1.08 but you would have to apply 1.08 again to get the expansion's updates.
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”