LAN Failure

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

Oloren_MatrixForum

LAN Failure

Post by Oloren_MatrixForum »

I just bought Conflict of Heroes, Awakening the Bear and have been trying to setup a LAN game without success. The client is able to make a connection to the host and both PCs receive the message that the connection was successful, but the opposing player is not visible in either chat window and the client player can't see the firefight name. Firewall is set on both PCs to allow access. The host PC never sees the button to start game after each side has selected a faction. When one PC quits the network screen, the other PC always sees the disconnect message. We are not having issues playing on LAN with Civ 5. What are we missing?

Oloren
ericbabe

RE: LAN Failure

Post by ericbabe »

I'm sorry I'm so late in responding. It does sound as though you're connecting OK, but I'm not sure why the start-game button isn't coming up. I'll see if I can duplicate this on our LAN.
Oloren_MatrixForum

Thank you. My son and I are enjoying the game but hot seat isn't as much fun. Does the stand alone expansion use the same lan code? I haven't tried it yet.

Oloren
Oloren_MatrixForum

Were you finally able to take a look at duplicating the issue?

Thanks,
Oloren
kazoo_game

Post by kazoo_game »

It is amazing that Matrix cares so little to not respond to this basic question. I have the same issue and since I do not wish to play over the internet I have very few options for playing this game. Playing hot seat is ludicrous, maybe with a laptop and a lazy susan. Who would use that for playing a game that moves 1 hex per turn. Clearly they think that anyone that wants to play will play online. If Matrix cares for their customers they will address this.

Return to “Tech Support”