New GD 1938 game

Post here to meet players for MP games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderator: Vic

ironduke1955

New GD 1938 game

Post by ironduke1955 »

jld89 was interested in playing GD1938, and as there are no slots in current games, so we might as well start setting up game 15, if you can specify your preferred Nation we can assemble players and gauge the enthusiasm for starting a new game.

4 players

Germany/Italy/Japan
Soviet Union
France/UK
USA/China

5 players

Germany/Italy
Japan
Soviet Union
France/UK
USA/China

6 players

Germany/Italy
Japan
Soviet Union
France/UK
USA
China

Up to 7/8 players not sure if splitting the French and UK or Germans and Italy with seven players probably best to split France/UK, anyway the group can decide if it comes to that, time to think about this, as there will be no hurry to start.
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

cpdeyoung

RE: New GD 1938 game

Post by cpdeyoung »

I have never played the Japanese and would like to give them a try.

Chuck
jld89

Post by jld89 »

I can play the Soviet Union or anything else I don't really mind.

ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

We have

Germany Ironduke
Italy Ironduke
Japan cpdeyoung
USSR jld89
France RufusTFirefly
UK RufusTFirefly
USA Larry
China Falco
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

RufusTFirefly

Post by RufusTFirefly »

Here is another volunteer ready to take a beating and trying to land a punch if possible.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

I will go for USA or China or both.

ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Larry is in opting for USA, still room for at least three more players, all are welcome no previous experience necessary.

falco148

Post by falco148 »

I'll throw my hat into the ring. I'm still a newbee at this, having only played 3 or 4 pbem games but I'm keen!
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Hi Falco

Just need to pick a side. Choices are Germany/Italy France/UK or China. China may look the easiest but they are underpowered with low tech and the others have a lot more cool toys to play with. Also China starts at war with Japan, so you are straight into the cauldron.

ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Just need one more player and we are good to go.

falco148

Post by falco148 »

Actually I think I wouldn't mind being China. Don't mind not having lots of hi-tech and I think maybe being on the defensive will give me some good experience.....:-)
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

China it is, RufusTFirefly Germany/Italy UK/France decision time is here [:)]

RufusTFirefly

Post by RufusTFirefly »

Difficult choice. Both options are really good ones.

GB/ France would be fine for me, as there had been previous games where I played GB/ France but games were not played to the end. And it would be intersting to compare game 14, where I am playing USA and might (perhaps) be allied with GB/ France with my own experiences when I play GB/ France and maybe USA might (perhaps) be allied with me.

Fish´n´chips with red vine will meet spaghetti and beer. Sounds horrible. Maybe we should try to get some pork from China and sake from Japan.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Red Wine and Fish and chips Ughhhh Give me spaghetti and Red wine any day of the week.

I will leave it for a day if anyone is holding back and would like to play, then I will sit this one out, and read the AAR, Germany and Italy are available so if you are a new player and want to give GD1938 a try step forward.

ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

We have a full compliment I will open a dropbox. I have RufusTFirefly cpdeyoung and larry's e-mail address. A couple of question's for jld89 and Falco do you have Dropbox and can you e-mail me on tmain98560@aol.com so I can invite you to Dropbox.

falco148

Post by falco148 »

Sent you pm Irondude.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Yep thanks got it if you can e-mail me, I can use your e-mail address to invite you to the Dropbox Folder

Opened a AAR GD1938 Game 15 have received confirmation from cpdeyoung Larry and RufusTFirefly just waiting for e-mail addresses from jld89 and Falco

falco148

Post by falco148 »

Hi guys....it appears I'm missing several of the necessary graphics that I need in order to play this. Specifically a few files that go by the name of

XX Century graphics. I get a pop-up notice informing me of this when I try to download the pbem file for the GD 1938 battle.

Any idea how I can go about getting these?

ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

You need to install the scenario, in its latest version. You can get it from the scenariobank :)
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
falco148

Post by falco148 »

Also, what's the procedure for naming files in this? I played my turn as Chinese and posted the file back into the dropbox but I didn't change the file name in any way. Should I have named the file as the next participating player, as is apparently the usual routine? Who is the next participating player?

Return to “Opponents Wanted”