New player seeking mod advice

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Ark07

New player seeking mod advice

Post by Ark07 »

Hi all

Im looking for advice on how to mod distant worlds universe. Ive only played the games tutorials which sounds unusual as you think i would play the game first but i mod a lot of my games. So when i came across information that there are mods that bring more races into the game and enhance graphics and sounds i decided to investigate and maybe install these mods before fully immersing myself into the game. Below i have the titles for the mods i intend to use and i think they maybe a compatibility issue also, if you wanna offer advice on other mods please leave me the link and info, thank you for the help. On a side not i tried linking the location of these mods on this forum but wasn't allowed to.

Graphics Enhancement Mod GEM made by martian
Distant Worlds Universe 40 races by Haree78
Das Chrome UI by das123

Considering the ones below after experiencing the game a bit more please give advice?

AI improvement by icemania
Bingeling

RE: New player seeking mod advice

Post by Bingeling »

Beyond Extended universe include all of the above (with some possible exceptions to make them all fit). It is no need to worry about the AI mod.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3657646
Ark07

Post by Ark07 »

I found this mod im so grateful because im a long timer player of eve online so this will make things easier for me cant post link just the title of what im talking about

Extended Universe - Greatest mods combined into one Theme
silentdeth

Post by silentdeth »

Here is a list of the mods I am currently using:

Distant Worlds Extended Universe: tm.asp?m=3141149
Graphics Enhancement Mod (GEM) v2.4: tm.asp?m=3211317&mpage=1&key=
GEM-style ship markings for all Extended Mod races: tm.asp?m=3211317&mpage=9&key=�
Haree's Alternative Pirate Images: tm.asp?m=3629086
300x300 resolution combat explosions mod: tm.asp?m=3001816
Das Chrome Blue Mod: tm.asp?m=3616300
Stuff & Bits UI mod: tm.asp?m=3631278
AI Improvement Mod: tm.asp?m=3647528

I discuss them in this video.
My Let's Plays of Distant Worlds: Universe Season 2: Human|Season 3: Kiadian|Season 4: Pirate(Balanced)

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”