Impressions

This forum supports the Early Access Program for the PC for Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM). iOS, Android and Mac releases are still in development. SPM is the ultimate game of space exploration. It is the mid 1950s and the race for dominance between the US and the Soviet Union is about to move into a new dimension: space. Take charge of the US or Soviet space agencies - your duty is be the first to the moon. Carefully manage your budget by opening programs, spending R&D funds on improving the hardware, recruiting personnel and astronauts and launching space missions in this realistic turn based strategy game.

Moderator: MOD_BuzzAldrin

Templer_12

Impressions

Post by Templer_12 »

Impressions

I'm with the game since the early access status and was surpised how much fun the game already was.

Now I am using the version 1.0 even though the screen resolution don't really fit my monitor and my eyes starts aching later on.

Still I am surprised how much fun it is.
Design, music, sound, immersion, concept - A great product.
Nevertheless, I hope Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager will further upgraded, will further improved.
N_Molson

RE: Impressions

Post by N_Molson »

Hello Templar,

A patch is definitively on the way, don't worry ! [;)]

Thanks for your feedback ! [:)]
Nicolas Escats
Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager Contributor
terje439

Post by terje439 »

Will add something here since the title is "impressions".
Must say I actually had a laugh when I realized that the "picture" of my best pilot was wearing glasses [:D]

Apart from that, having a blast.

Terje
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")
tgb

Post by tgb »

I'm really enjoying it a lot myself. The only thing I think it needs is more of a penalty when prestige goes into the negative.
Templer_12

Post by Templer_12 »

ORIGINAL: terje439
... I realized that the "picture" of my best pilot was wearing glasses [:D...

Terje
Did he even dentures and uses a cane? [:D]
Templer_12

Post by Templer_12 »

I miss the famous red cancel button!

If during the launch countdown, an error/malfunction/failure is reported, I should be able to abort the start by pushing this red button.

This action should be in a time window.
The sooner I push the button, the more likely it is that the abortion is successful.
If the abortion is not successful - the countdown goes on and the mission continue.
So maybe then the mission blows or it became a success.
If the abortion is successful, the prestige lose should be lowered.
czert2

Post by czert2 »

why force time limit to abord/try to fix problem during lauch ? simply put there dialgue/decision screen and lets decide. Good old varis from 1993 was much better in this launch/mission screen, and need to say, having original vidoes leaved totaly different impresion from seeing mission that watching these animations.
Baris did have beter atmosphere, think which this game need to work on.
Templer_12

Post by Templer_12 »

So now there is the graph of an explosion (unfortunately only one [:(]).

Should this not also be accompanied with a sound file?
Explosion and perhaps, screaming people (the stereotypical American, oh my God [:D])...

And yes I know, I'm sitting inside MC and should not hear anything from outdoors.
But I also hear the booster.
SoulBlazer

Post by SoulBlazer »

I noticed when doing the X-15 space plane launches now that with the released version we don't hear the talk between the pilot and base, like we did in the beta versions. Was it taken out of the released version? And if so, why?
The US Navy could probaly win a war without coffee, but would prefer not to try -- Samuel Morison
nico7550

Post by nico7550 »

I report the point too.
VegasOZ

Post by VegasOZ »

I played the original Buzz Aldrin Race to Space back in the day.

This version is OUTSTANDING.

A really enjoyable game.I recommend to buy it.

czert2

Post by czert2 »

well, i play even today good old baris :), not exactly that original game, but his free-to-play version named space to space with bugfixes and some additions.
And compared to this game :
new ones clearly take advantage of time - more missions, infos..etc and is easier to understand what and how to do some things, but it lack is some ways too - biggets one is "game centre" - mission lauching - not only bacause videos gived you much better atmosphere, but mission control room looked better, and escpecialy you did have CONTOL over mission, so if problem arised you KNOWED exactly what happened and can take decision which will afect outcome of mission (continue/fix problem or abort mission) - something which is in this game seriously lacking, you are just passive viewer, and if something happen, well it is just something you have no idea what happed. Which is serius flaw imo.

Personaly, i rate this as good game with great potencial, it just need fixing of some annoaces/glitches, polishing and adding few missing things and it will be great game. I have feeling that if game was in finishing (beta-test) 1 month longer many things will be finished/fixed/improved and general impersion will be better.
Like mentioned mission resolution for nonwide-screen is serious flaw for someone. I play it in windowed mode and it isnt ideal.

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager”