Question about ships

In the age of Pike and Shot, mighty struggles erupted across Europe for causes religious, political or dynastic. The Thirty Years War raged across Germany and beyond, leaving devastation in its wake, but saw the rise of great commanders such as Count Tilly, Wallenstein and King Gustavus Adolphus of Sweden, and rapid developments in battlefield tactics.
josant

Question about ships

Post by josant »

I create a test scenario, first I make a simple map with Deep water, then I put ship units for both sides, and go to the game to try it, my surprise is that each unit can not move or turn because they dont have action points(AP), they only can fire.

My question is that; is this a bug or I am doing something wrong?
JA
rbodleyscott

RE: Question about ships

Post by rbodleyscott »

The game isn't (currently) a naval simulation, the ships are only there for the Gravelines scenario in which the English squadron was probably anchored. If you want them to move, all you have to is change the AP value in the Squads.csv file in pikeandshot/data.

However, currently the ship firing effect only comes out of one side of the ship which might seem a little odd when they fire at something on the other side! This is probably solvable using the current engine, but would require alterations to the ship model code.

However, sailing ships will not behave realistically unless additional scripting is put in place to deal with the effects of wind direction.

This could all be done as a mod, but it isn't part of vanilla Pike and Shot.
josant

RE: Question about ships

Post by josant »

OK, it works, Thanks
JA

Return to “Pike & Shot Series”