I am done with Paradox

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

aaatoysandmore

RE: I am done with Paradox

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Forum rules for the most part are broken everyday in everyway and the moderators sit on their laurels. Especially namecallings like "troll" and "fanboy" those are names and tags and offensive to most participants of the thread. How come they do nothing about them? What we have on forums especially by Paradox is "selectiive" moderations they do not abide by their own rules ALL the time in every case. They pick and choose who they want to attack and once they have their eyes on you they are relentless until they can ban you. I've seen enough threads closed and deleted over my years there it's not funny. Don't try to paint them as a pretty picture of truth in this case "selective" moderation is not a correct form of moderation and Johan has even come to other sites acting no less than any other who get banned on Paradox forums.
gradenko2k

Post by gradenko2k »

I don't think things like "They didn't ban all those other guys for their infractions, so maybe I can get away with this one" and "They didn't ban all those other guys for their infractions, so I shouldn't have been banned for mine" really work in this case.

I mean, even if I agreed with you that they have a lax moderation policy (I honestly don't spend enough time on those forums to say either way), that doesn't exactly give you license to act like you're never going to get moderated or that you shouldn't get moderated until ~those other, more deserving people~ do.

If they don't implement their own policies consistently or objectively (insofar as they really have no obligation towards the latter), then that's feedback to them.

Finally, Johan or any other Paradox developer acting in other forums in a manner that would have gotten them banned in their own forum doesn't mean anything either way. If Johan quotes a moderator here and we don't have a "don't quote the moderators" rule, then that's no skin off his nose.
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

Well freedom of speech doesn't work over there like it use to be. I been around there a lot longer than 2005. I am sure they know me and what they should have done is pm first for a warning instead a stamp on my forehead.

I have seen a lot of rants and rage over there though, sometimes it doesn't make much sense and they do make mistakes, it just you cant argue with them unless you want a ticket lol.

Anyway I still think it suck over there, lack of communication and misdirection. The biggest problems is that when you fire someone, not easy to find someone to replace and never know if that new moderator will be better or worst. So after I been trying to get my apology from them, I got another big red infraction and that when I decided to leave that place for good. Just pointless hanging out over there.
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

Wouldn't like me edit my post up there, wanted to add another line here...

And again I did send pm and nothing happen. After that two big infractions I took, finally got pm and just causing so much damage to my reputation and that when I have had it with them.
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: RisingSun

Well freedom of speech doesn't work over there like it use to be. I been around there a lot longer than 2005. I am sure they know me and what they should have done is pm first for a warning instead a stamp on my forehead.

I have seen a lot of rants and rage over there though, sometimes it doesn't make much sense and they do make mistakes, it just you cant argue with them unless you want a ticket lol.

Anyway I still think it suck over there, lack of communication and misdirection. The biggest problems is that when you fire someone, not easy to find someone to replace and never know if that new moderator will be better or worst. So after I been trying to get my apology from them, I got another big red infraction and that when I decided to leave that place for good. Just pointless hanging out over there.

I only go there occassionally now, not like I used to because of Johan and his mouth an other forum members they do nothing about because they sniff the dogs azz sotospeak [:D] I will not kiss anyone's azz to get on their good side. Moderation should be constant and no bias taken. But, there is and it's always been like that and always will be like that I suppose. But, I'll just keep my money in my pocket when it comes to Paradox and my votes accordingly where I get the chance to vote on one of their games.

Basically all I have left are Matrixgames, Slitherine, Sharpnel, Jeff Lapkoff's games, HPS and Panther but really that is enough as most of the wargames I do have come from these places anyways. I never was too impressed by HOI or Victoria or anything but Crusader Kings I and II but even those I waited for a good bargain bin price tag. Battlefront has gotten just about as bad as Paradox, namely Steve over there who thinks he's gods gift to gaming cause he created Combat Mission. I find Panzer Command: Osfront here a better game anyways.

I have to say I'm a bit appauled at some of their comments to patrons or used to be patrons of their sites. If I had talked like that to my customers in my store an other places I managed I'd have been thrown out the door or out of business. There are two rules to business if you want to have one very long. The customer is always right and rule 2 is if you ever think he/she is wrong reread rule 1. [:D] Now you people without any business savy can say differently all you want to online but you get in the real world with a real business and act that way and watch what happens to you and your business.
I'd even go so far as to say I betcha eve "Iain" agrees with me here.
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

Well I never have threaten anyone or giving anyone a hard time, so I am kinda easy guy to get along with. I have no problem with Johan, its the moderators and some fans over there. It feel like Politician going over there time to time, everyone have their own ideas and ways as well dislike. So we are not suppose to discuss politics here.

I have helped them many times and modded a lot of games for them on Hearts of Iron Series. It just feel like it is going down hills now.
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

Have to comment on this particular comment.

"There are two rules to business if you want to have one very long. The customer is always right and rule 2 is if you ever think he/she is wrong reread rule 1."

That's a load of pure crap.

But if you have a crappy product, and you run a crappy business, having a crappy means of interfacing with your public is certainly a good way to generate crappy feelings.

There are 3 types of games as I see it. Games you like, for one reason or another, games you don't like, for one reason or another (you can't like everything), and garbage you wouldn't accept for free. Just because you can convince a lot of people to foolishly buy something repeatedly doesn't mean your product is any good, it simply means the public is sufficiently foolish you can get away with it repeatedly.

Why am I even on this thread? I'm just here to say, it took you long enough to get fed up with Paradox I suppose.
I have little in the way of respect for the fans of Paraodox. There games are worthless. Free doesn't make them worth it. So I find it amusing some will actually pay for them.
Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi guys,

Paradox make some great games and obviously have some issues with their forums and community but I don't feel comfortable having this discussion on our forum. I'm going to close this, not because anyone has done anything wrong, but just because it doesn't feel professional to allow it to go on. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

I just wanted to add that aaatoysandmore should not post any personal insults. If there are any issues please bring them to us. Bairdlander and aaatoysandmore lets keep it all civil or just ignore each other. Thanks.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

Return to “General Discussion”