Failure

This forum supports the Early Access Program for the PC for Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM). iOS, Android and Mac releases are still in development. SPM is the ultimate game of space exploration. It is the mid 1950s and the race for dominance between the US and the Soviet Union is about to move into a new dimension: space. Take charge of the US or Soviet space agencies - your duty is be the first to the moon. Carefully manage your budget by opening programs, spending R&D funds on improving the hardware, recruiting personnel and astronauts and launching space missions in this realistic turn based strategy game.

Moderator: MOD_BuzzAldrin

tgb

Failure

Post by tgb »

Other than not landing on the moon by 1973, is there any other way to lose?

Case in point: In my Soviet campaign I cut some corners because research was going so slowly and by Q1 1959 had a prestige of -953! I expected to be fired and perhaps even sent to a gulag somewhere, but instead the game continued and my budget was even increased!

Makes no sense.
terje439

RE: Failure

Post by terje439 »

ORIGINAL: tgb

Other than not landing on the moon by 1973, is there any other way to lose?

Case in point: In my Soviet campaign I cut some corners because research was going so slowly and by Q1 1959 had a prestige of -953! I expected to be fired and perhaps even sent to a gulag somewhere, but instead the game continued and my budget was even increased!

Makes no sense.

Having the AI land on the moon before you, and running into negative funds.

Probably because the lowest renewed funding was higher than your current funding (say you got 1500 per turn, lowest new funding might have been 2000 per turn)

Terje
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")
tgb

Post by tgb »

Seems to me that when it's budget time again if prestige is in the toilet it's time for a new director.
N_Molson

Post by N_Molson »

Well, the chances to beat the computer or land before 1973 are very slim if you only get the minimal budget increase, maybe its a good idea to start a new game (or accept the challenge) [;)]
Nicolas Escats
Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager Contributor
tgb

Post by tgb »

ORIGINAL: N_Molson

Well, the chances to beat the computer or land before 1973 are very slim if you only get the minimal budget increase, maybe its a good idea to start a new game (or accept the challenge) [;)]

I realize it's probably the start of a death spiral, but it can just as quickly be turned around with a little luck. I think if the player is failing mission after mission, there should come a point when the game just says "You're fired."

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager”