A couple of PBEM games to be considered

Post here if you are looking for an opponent to play against.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

Sensei.Tokugawa

A couple of PBEM games to be considered

Post by Sensei.Tokugawa »

I'd like to play Essequibo 2010, Roarima 2011 and the Acre War 2011 in this particular order and as Venezuela - I once fought against the Brazilian coalition in Guerra No Pampa 2011 and decided to follow suit. Ecuador 1995 as either Ecuador or Peru or operation "Attila" - the Turkish invasion of Cyprus - I'd go with Turkey there again.

Besides I'd be also interested in giving a go to Aegean 2008 as Turkey and China 2009 - The Siege as Russians. The Defense of Malvinas 1982 with me as Argentina would be also a good pick and I'd like to get back to the idea of trying "Deep Battle 1930" out finally one day.
"-What if one doesn't make it?
-Then we know he was no good for SpetsNaz. ..."
V. Suvorov, "Spetsnaz;the Story behind the Soviet SAS"

...No escape from Passchendaele .../ God Dethroned, "Passiondale"

Oberst_Klink

RE: A couple of PBEM games to be considered

Post by Oberst_Klink »

Why no WW1/WW2 scenarios? Fancy Korea perhaps, the 50s, not the modern one.

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
Sensei.Tokugawa

Post by Sensei.Tokugawa »

Several reasons behind: Korea's already in progress, it started about two years ago when I commenced reading Halberstam's "The Coldest Winter". However my opponent's a bit slow, even in comparison to my used-to-be regular turnrate and I am only gearing up for the '51 late spring offensive to capture Pyongyang with another amphibious and airborne assault perhaps. Besides I have been playing salamon's "Iran-Iraq War 1980 - 1988" as Iraq and Naples 1943 and "From Stalingrad to Kharkov" too ( you know my penchant for the third battle of Kharkov ).

Rarely any game is as flexible as TOAW III to reflect low - intensity small scale, but heated and violent conflicts in remote and obscure areas or model hypothetical situations to wargame case studies. I have been avoiding hypothetical scenarios ( and modern ones or the Cold War era due to superficial, artificial and generic handling of aerial and maritime operations )long enough as they obviously lacked the historic feeling behind, but I also often felt that the historic ones, once launched, were often deviating very dramatically from the historical truth - like "Boonie Rats" where the MACV / ARVN ware able to builn an impenetrable line along the Ho Chi Minh trail and Laotian and Cambodian border to prevent incursions and infiltrations and went on to wage the trench positional warfare in the jungle. Apparently the unit and map scale were all wrong which I hadn't seen before. Virtually no such limitations and unpleasant nasty surprises in the set I have compiled above, Falklands 1982 and the Turkish invasion of Cyprus being the only exceptions.

So Herr Oberst, want to try yourself out as the Blue Force on Tukhaschevsky's battlefield?
"-What if one doesn't make it?
-Then we know he was no good for SpetsNaz. ..."
V. Suvorov, "Spetsnaz;the Story behind the Soviet SAS"

...No escape from Passchendaele .../ God Dethroned, "Passiondale"

viridomaros

Post by viridomaros »

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

Why no WW1/WW2 scenarios? Fancy Korea perhaps, the 50s, not the modern one.

Klink, Oberst

i'd pick you for korea
sorry to somewhat hijack your thread burroughs

Return to “Opponents Wanted”