Synch Bug, Tracker and Combat Reporter

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

IdahoNYer

Synch Bug, Tracker and Combat Reporter

Post by IdahoNYer »

Ok, usual synch bug is happening again in my PBEM with LargeSlowTarget after not seeing it for quite a while. Any ideas what would cause the synch bug to come back after a long absence? We seemed to have gotten rid of it when the IJN player stopped hitting "escape" during the replays.

I'm using both Tracker and Combat Reporter. By replacing the combat report sent separately by LargeSlowTarget after watching the replay, tracker seems to be running OK, although I got an error report last turn - it still loaded though.

Combat Reporter is still showing the "wrong" info even after replacing the combat report. Any ideas to getting Combat Reporter back on track?

Not a gamestopper, but irritating to see Manila fall in the replay only to have it still fighting when the turn is loaded (albeit very welcome news!).

Any ideas welcome.
witpqs

RE: Synch Bug, Tracker and Combat Reporter

Post by witpqs »

I don't know how Combat Reporter does its thing, but if it looks in the archive sub-folder to find the combat reports then that is the one you have to replace. That's how Intel Monkey works.

I'm just waiting some additional time before posting so that I don't get a forum message that I can't post again so quickly. La la la la la la la la.
IdahoNYer

Post by IdahoNYer »

All the archive folders or just the combat report?
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

OK, first off I do not know how Combat Reporter works, so this is speculation based on how Intel Monkey works. There is only one archive folder, and if and only if the player uses the -archive switch, the game puts copies of all the report files into that folder and adds the game date to the name of each file. If you've been using the -archive switch then have a look in the archive folder and you will pretty quickly see how it is organized.

If Combat Reporter has the ability to load in multiple turns at once, then it definitely uses the archive folder because that is the only place where multiple turns of report files are found.

But going back to your original question, you had a sync bug, but got your opponent to send you the truthful combat report. You replaced the bad combat report with the good one. Then you told Combat Reporter to load that turn again, but it still shows the 'bad' combat results for that turn. That's how I understood what you wrote, put into my own words.

My suggestion is that you go into the archive folder and replace that copy of the day's combat report with the good one. If that doesn't make sense yet, then before you do anything else go and have a look at the archive folder, find the combat report named with the appropriate date, open (edit) it and see if it is the good copy or still the bad copy.
IdahoNYer

Post by IdahoNYer »

witpqs - I think you're spot on. I don't use the archive folder, all my reports are in a single save folder. So I have reports that are current without a date, and a set of reports with dates from all turns in the same folder. LargeSlowTarget has been sending me the combat report, but not the other reports, or the combat report with the dates. So, for instance, my combat report that LargeSlowTarget sent is the correct one - I still have Manila, the one archived with the date is bad - has Manila falling - and I agree, I think combat reporter reads the archived reports. So, I guess we need to replace all the reports each turn...
IdahoNYer

Post by IdahoNYer »

witpqs - hey, almost forgot - thanks for taking the time to point me the right direction!

witpqs

Post by witpqs »

[:)]

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”