I am done with Paradox

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Rising-Sun

I am done with Paradox

Post by Rising-Sun »

One thing was discussing in Hearts of Iron IV forum, few moderators making some bad comments and jokes in that forum. At one point the moderator mention don't mess with the staffs or moderators. They do make mistakes and the fans usually help them with their ideas and projects.

So bringing up negative conversation and joking around isn't a good idea.

After I mention that they do make mistakes, just have to keep trying and never give up. So I got two infraction points from replying that lol.

Anyway I have had it with Paradox, not very many mature moderators there and mostly don't listen to you when you have a question. So it hard to tell if they are listen to fans to improve the game or they just doing random things.
aaatoysandmore

RE: I am done with Paradox

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Good for you. [:D]
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

I know some of you guys were upset they way they have HoI IV setup, but when come to moderators that talk craps and immature, that is something we don't need.

So I got a ticket for running into a red light and another one for explaining the details and hoping to get apology. So they deleted that thread in general so it wont scare off the customers. I also noticed there a lot more angry customers in there as well.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Not dissing here Paradox by any means, fellow wargame publisher and all, but you wouldn't be the first one to be banned for speaking openly or for having criticism. They're pretty strict over there.
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

ORIGINAL: Josh

Not dissing here Paradox by any means, fellow wargame publisher and all, but you wouldn't be the first one to be banned for speaking openly or for having criticism. They're pretty strict over there.

Well I gotten few private messages and they told me I wont or anyone wont get banned, more like cant post for awhile. One infraction will expire in 2016 and another at 2018.

Still think it is silly, of course they can do whatever they want. Not sure if I am allowed to post comments here about other business though.
Chijohnaok2

Post by Chijohnaok2 »

ORIGINAL: RisingSun

ORIGINAL: Josh

Well I gotten few private messages and they told me I wont or anyone wont get banned, more like cant post for awhile. One infraction will expire in 2016 and another at 2018.

Still think it is silly, of course they can do whatever they want. Not sure if I am allowed to post comments here about other business though.

You're serving a 4 year punishment at Paradox?

People have received shorter sentences for involuntary manslaughter---what the hell?

Feel free to drop by and chat about whatever is on your mind.
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

Those that won't learn from their mistakes deserve to continue to pay for their mistakes.

I don't understand why people support companies that are repeat offenders.

You buy a Paradox product, you deserve a Paradox product.
Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.
sanderz

Post by sanderz »

i think we are only getting one side of the story here

you just don't get banned like that without a very good reason
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

ORIGINAL: sanderz

I agree,can you provide a link to the thread?
parusski

Post by parusski »

ORIGINAL: sanderz

Not very long ago I was smashed hard by a moderator for criticizing an aspect of a game. He threatened to BAN me. I have not visited since.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

Wow! Paradox sounds pretty harsh. [X(]
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

You ain't just whistling Dixie Gary. [:D]
wodin

Post by wodin »

Well they make some very good games (CK2 and EUIV) and CK 2 is innovative which is something I admire them for. I hardly bother with their forums though..sometimes forums bring way to many issues and pitfalls. My forum posting has diminshed considerably over the last year or so as I'd rather be playing something or reading.

So my advice is to "read" forums and only post if you have an issue and do that by PM if you can.

As 90 odd percent of communication is tone of voice and body language, forums are a vipers nest for miscommunication lading to flame wars\ long term bans and feelings of victimisation..

I'd never not buy a game if I really wanted it because I didn't like their forum or developer etc. I'd just stay clear of their forums. I will add though it would have to be a game that really really wanted. I would stay clear of any impulse buys etc.
gradenko2k

Post by gradenko2k »

Out of all the nationalist, politicized, grognardy armchair designer and Wehrmacht-obsessed junk that goes on in the Paradox forums, that's what drove you away from the place?
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

Well the moderator deleted that thread I mention in general to see what going on, so wont get the big picture. Most important conversations is all over the forum. My username is the same as here. So here is where it started...

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/sho ... ddbf32fca1

After I made the comment in general, Magyar1988 mention never reply when moderators post something in red or color. Then I mention the moderators shouldn't have brought that up in the first place about being negatives, always think positives.

You will noticed a user name Big Blue Blob, something I wasn't aware of that he did something to offended Had a dad as insult. So somehow it gotten confusing here with me along with it. So I never threaten or harasses anyone, just making my points that we all make mistake and have learn from it. So keep trying and never give up and all I got is big traffic ticket lol.

When I bought EUIII from Steam, never gotten any help from either sides and it wouldn't run on my pc. So I don't know if there a patch problem or what, but no refund, no nothing. And I wasn't too impress with EUIV when first came out, doesn't feel historical much.
ORIGINAL: gradenko_2000

Out of all the nationalist, politicized, grognardy armchair designer and Wehrmacht-obsessed junk that goes on in the Paradox forums, that's what drove you away from the place?

Well for one thing, they seem immature and joke around too much. Maybe they are kids, I don't know. The video they posted on upcoming HoI IV, you will see there a lot of youngsters around. Many fans been trying to help them to develop the projects, either good or bad, but it really doesn't matter they do what they feel like doing. So it seem I am wasting my time reading and chatting with these people.

When Hearts of Iron IV comes out, I will wait and see what happen, reviews and such. Then I will wait til it is on sale, not planning on giving them full credits for it for what they did to me. If I decide to get it.

Here some useful information on Paradox...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_Interactive

All I can say I was in the bad place at the bad time, so trying to contact Had a dad, the other moderator that gave me a ticket because of Big Blue Blob, I don't even know him and trying to discuss the situations in private and he never reply.
Jevhaddah

Post by Jevhaddah »

Just a my opinion here, but yoor post could be taken like a 'red flag to a bull'

Mentioning a rival game publisher and and commenting on negative reviews of an unreleased game on said publishers forums could be mistaken as a trolling.

Now, I am NOT saying that that was the intent, but as has been said above text based forae are rife with miscommunication due to the absence of body language and tonal vocalisation.

It is something most of us have done, including me [:D]

Keep yer chin up

Cheers

Jev
I am really quite mad yoo know!
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

ORIGINAL: Jevhaddah

Just a my opinion here, but yoor post could be taken like a 'red flag to a bull'

Mentioning a rival game publisher and and commenting on negative reviews of an unreleased game on said publishers forums could be mistaken as a trolling.

Now, I am NOT saying that that was the intent, but as has been said above text based forae are rife with miscommunication due to the absence of body language and tonal vocalisation.

It is something most of us have done, including me [:D]

Keep yer chin up

Cheers

Jev

It possible, that what I am waiting for and see if the moderator doesn't say anything about this. Let me send pm to one and see what happen. If this is not allowed, then I will close it.
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

I read the link,they told you that you broke their forum rules.The rule you broke was quoting a moderator.They also told you if you have any issue with a moderator,to pm them.You broke the rules of their forum,what is the issue?
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Whatever bairdlander is saying Rising Sun just ignore him he's just the resident TROLL here and he does it often. [:-]

See that lil green button by buddy under his post? That will turn him off and you won't have to listen to his tripe. [:D]
gradenko2k

Post by gradenko2k »

Forum Rules:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/sho ... a2775a5b58
2. {Talk to staff by PM} You will not argue with, comment on or question the actions/authority/ or comments of the Paradox staff Administrators, Moderators, etc.) in a public forum. Should you wish to do so you are directed to contact the Paradox staff via PM (the private messaging system - see “How to Contact Staff” below).

3. {Respect, not Harassment} You will at all times respect and refrain from harassing and/or personally attacking other users or Paradox staff. You will respect the rights of other users to have their own opinions. You will not use expressions that are considered foul, vulgar, sexually harassing, racially offensive or in any way discriminatory. These expressions include, but are not limited to, Sexist language, ethnic slurs, hate speech and religious epithets. Whether an expression fits under this definition will be determined by Paradox staff at the time.

So this Big Blue Blob user says:
It was stupid, but then, so is much of the game, including its developers.

Secret Master, the "Demi-Moderator", then says:
I missed it before, but personal attacks against forum members and Paradox staff is unacceptable.

Feel free to say that a game is stupid, but I don't want to see anyone calling staff or community members stupid.
Because it's very clearly a violation of rule #3

RisingSun then says:
I missed it before, but personal attacks against forum members and Paradox staff is unacceptable.

Feel free to say that a game is stupid, but I don't want to see anyone calling staff or community members stupid.
We all do stupid things once in awhile, guess some of us don't realize what they have done or stop think about it. Only take one to mess up the whole project while others disagreed with it.

All I can say is keep trying and don't give up!
Which is a violation of rule #2, not necessarily for anything that RisingSun said about the moderator, but only because talking about how moderating is being done is just going to cause a derail.

In fact, Secret Master says as much in the last post before the thread is locked:
Publicly commenting on moderator actions is not allowed. It also derails the thread pointlessly.

And since this thread has been derailed by rule violations, I'm going to go ahead and close it.

Thread closed.

Return to “General Discussion”