Posting Timer

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

witpqs

Posting Timer

Post by witpqs »

Since after this past weekend, I am seeing this forum error message a lot when making AAR entries. Just now I made two posts separated by well over a minute and the second one was rejected (meaning it has to be reentered and the image re-uploaded). It appears that the forum has a timer set to two minutes, which seems too long.

Attachments
MatrixGam..012814.jpg
MatrixGam..012814.jpg (74.87 KiB) Viewed 87 times
wdolson

RE: Posting Timer

Post by wdolson »

Probably an anti-spam thing. Trying to slow down the guys selling fake passports and other bogus products.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: wdolson

Probably an anti-spam thing. Trying to slow down the guys selling fake passports and other bogus products.

Bill
I understand, but the timer is too long. [:(]
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

I wrote Matrix about it, but I don't know if anything will be done. I only have the power to make suggestions in these sorts of things.

Bill
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: wdolson

I wrote Matrix about it, but I don't know if anything will be done. I only have the power to make suggestions in these sorts of things.

Bill
I understand, and I'm grateful. [:)]
obvert

Post by obvert »

Huh. I haven't run into this, but that's good to know.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
obvert

Post by obvert »

Lets test it! Aha, it did just what you said. Couldn't post this right away. Guess I'll have more time to spell-chek my predictive text mistakes now!
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
wegman58

Post by wegman58 »

Was there a problem yesterday morning? I tried to post on a couple of things and I was sent to one of those white background, black text Microware software failure screens. My posts were trivial BUT I left the forum for a couple of hours, came back, and there was NOTHING new. Which is VERY odd for here as we cover a LOT of time zones with posters.
Bill Goin
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

ORIGINAL: wegman58

Was there a problem yesterday morning? I tried to post on a couple of things and I was sent to one of those white background, black text Microware software failure screens. My posts were trivial BUT I left the forum for a couple of hours, came back, and there was NOTHING new. Which is VERY odd for here as we cover a LOT of time zones with posters.

Yes, the anti-spam filter was blocking me completely from posting. I was able to send a PM to Bill who passed it up the line to Erik Rutens.

I wondered if it was blocking everyone as later in the morning not a single sub-forum showed a new post.
Hans

btd64

Post by btd64 »

yesterday morning I was getting some kind of error message. Wouldn't let me post.[:(]....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

Matrix may have been having some problems with their servers. When I tried to e-mail Matrix with Hans' problem, the e-mail bounced the first time.

Stuff like this happens sometimes.

Bill
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

There was a massive spam attack Thursday in the General Forum. This is probably related.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

There was a massive spam attack Thursday in the General Forum. This is probably related.
Makes sense, but I hope they tune this before calling it permanent. I just had to wait and re-type trying to answer questions to help people.

Maybe they make it dependent upon how long a user account has existed? That would at least provide relief to a number of people. Most of the spam stuff is with new accounts. Even when spammers create accounts and wait for a time, that's usually only a few days or weeks.
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

I just tried to make a post in the "vampire thread" and the software said "You can't post two consecutive messages within such a short amount of time." Like several minutes apart.
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

I just tried to make a post in the "vampire thread" and the software said "You can't post two consecutive messages within such a short amount of time." Like several minutes apart.

You're a cereal poster. [:)]
The Moose
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

You're a cereal poster. [:)]
No, this is a cereal poster! [:D]

Attachments
BarfsCereal.jpg
BarfsCereal.jpg (62.8 KiB) Viewed 87 times
Reg

Post by Reg »

Blame Faber......

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: chemkid

i remember cereals only as t-wear-slogans...

happy halloween!
chem!

It's sad that at the time both of them were probably proud to wear those hats.
The Moose
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Since after this past weekend, I am seeing this forum error message a lot when making AAR entries. Just now I made two posts separated by well over a minute and the second one was rejected (meaning it has to be reentered and the image re-uploaded). It appears that the forum has a timer set to two minutes, which seems too long.

warspite1

Yes, Matrix have to do something to stop Chickenboy's inane posting drivel. This is the latest idea. Let's just hope it works.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”