DBB ports

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Olorin

DBB ports

Post by Olorin »

A few years ago, a good gentleman had posted some spreadsheets with the altered port capabilities (unloading/rearming/refueling etc) for DBB. I used the search function, but no luck. If someone has them, I would appreciate it if they upload them here as an attachment or send me a pm.
Mac Linehan

RE: DBB ports

Post by Mac Linehan »

Olorin -

I do not recall who the Gent was, but have linked here my own reference spread sheets that I use for my AE game(s).

Some of the info has been superseded; I change the data as needed. This also includes various notes I have made or collected through the years.

What follows is based on The Big Babes 28C v13 (I have just downloaded v14 but not yet taken a look to see what may have been changed). However, much of the information - port load rates, rearm costs etc. apply to stock also.

Page 2 - an overall review of the Japanese DD classes - based on information at the excellent combined fleet.com website.

Page 3 - A listing of device rearm costs. Please note, that these costs are the Da Big Babes costs which are different from stock; you would need to open a stock game editor and look up the rearm cost if playing stock. Because of a recent patch, the tables listing key port rearm abilities is no longer needed; the port rearm ability is shown (in game) in the base port menu; in addition each ship menu listing of weapon devices will be in green if that location can rearm that device. My sincere gratitude for this change, it makes planning so much easier.

Page 4 - A listing of port load / unload capabilities, plus notes on what affects these rates. Also included are notes pertinent to ship and weapon repair.

Page 5 - Notes on Yards - superseded by AE Tracker.

Page 6 - My notes from Mike Solli's excellent AAR ("Here we go Again...!) pertaining to the forming of merchant task forces to feed the Home Islands. It was because of Mike's AAR and this spreadsheet (he did the math) that I first began to comprehend the complexities of matching the right ship (and numbers of that ship) to the right port.

I now use AE Tracker to select the ship class and the number of that class with which to form each TF.

Page 7 - My matrix of the Babes additions and changes to various devices. Please note that my own modded device and comments are included; I hope that I do not embarrass myself too much...

And:

JWE / Symon very patiently explained (more than once...) the Babes concepts and matrix - and helped to keep me on track. Thank You Sir!

Page 8 - A detailed series of notes on all things ports and amphibious.

Page 9 - Notes pertaining to Babes Ship Conversions (more limited than stock) based on Mike Solli's AAR.

Page 10 - My listing of which LCUs (and sub units) go where and where located at game start (Babes).

Page 11 - All things Air.

Page 12 - All things Land / LCU / Combat. Please note that the in-game "5" key gives you a numerical supply readout that is referenced to in my notes.

Page 13 - my planning sheet for who goes where when sizing key oil producing bases, a few games back.

Page 14 - Mike Solli's excellent comments on which DD classes go where at game start. Mike is the Master - I can but quake at his feet...

Page 15 - ny59giants Reluctant Admiral 4.1 AAR "Allied Logistics for Dummies" against DivePac88 listing which merchant and tanker classes are used for what. Quite frankly, I was lost (that is to say, more than usual <gin>), until ny59giants graciously posted this matrix. The modified Babes class ranges are listed separately.

A very sincere "Thank You" to the many folks who's posts or PM's contributed to this spreadsheet; especially Don Bowen (who was particularly generous in answering my questions), JWE, ny59giants, John 3rd, Sulu Sea, Damien (one of the Tracker Boys) and Alfred.

All errors and mistakes are mine alone.

I do hope that this helps, Sir.

Respectfully,

Mac Linehan
Attachments
WitpAEDBB..Scenario.zip
(495.94 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
LAV-25 2147
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

Mac Linehan

Post by Mac Linehan »

Olorin -

After some further digging, I think I have found the table to which you were referring, that might more concisely answer your request.

The document was uploaded as a .txt file; and will have to be renamed .pdf before opening.

chemkind -

you are most kind; the credit belongs to those who had the knowledge and shared it.

Mac
Attachments
Acr11.tmpCopy.txt
(216.12 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
LAV-25 2147
Olorin

Post by Olorin »

Thank you so much Mac Linehan sir, that was exactly what I was looking for. [&o]
Mac Linehan

Post by Mac Linehan »

You are welcome.

Mac
LAV-25 2147
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

btd64

Post by btd64 »

Great info Mac. I'm always looking for new info. Probably 80% of my time here on the forum is spent looking at stuff and reading. Always something new. Many thanks to all who contributed info and of course Mac for compiling, posting and applying his own info.[:)][&o]....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”