For a moment, nothing happened. Then, HUZZAH!

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Itdepends

For a moment, nothing happened. Then, HUZZAH!

Post by Itdepends »

This is a companion AAR to "A Hitchhikers Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity sphere".

My name is Daniel aka Itdepends, my partner in crime is the penguine (aka Fabertong). I guess with a nickname like Itdepends and a partner in crime who's a penguin I should really be called Riddler. Hey has anyone seen the new Australian TV series Gotham yet? Is it any good?

Hmmm I digress.

Our opponents are the learned Captain Mandrake and Sprior (for those of you who read their AAR the use of the descriptor learned is not sarcasm- despite the impression they may have given).

I'm leaving this AAR open for the first page so that Cap and Sprior can get a few words in and then we'll start updating the Allied side starting from page 2 (of course if no one replies to this thread then that make take some time).

The title of our AAR is a quote from the Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy and in all probability describe the frequency of updates that you'll see here. I'm not a big one for pasting large volumes of combat reports and don't have the time to put pretty maps together. Instead you, the reader will be subjected to various random musings and insights into the thoughts of the allied side, sans all the entertaining goings on that seem to feature heavily our opponents AAR- I look forward to reading about them......... eventually.

Anyway no doubt you're aware of the scenario set up etc etc. so the only thing I'll add at this stage is Fabertong is controlling China, US and Phillipines forces and I've got the Commonwealth - including Canada (for what that's worth). Various US forces operating within Commonwealth waters fall into my command with the exception of the shiny toys (aka US Carriers and associated support TF's- my partner can break those all on his own).
sprior

RE: For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen.

Post by sprior »

Imperiar Japan-ese Army rooking forward to night out on Boogis Street soon.
"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

Cap Mandrake

RE: For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen.

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Hai! Exacatry! Rook, Japan-mens try to be nice and not sink any batturships at Pearrh Harbor but
Arried-mens not reciprocate. Japan-mens onry inscrutaburh for short time then get rearry angry.

Rook, everyone arready know Arried-mens stearh arr of stuff in Asia in first prace. Rook at Phirrapines. Spain-mens stearh from Phirripine-mens then America-mens stearh from Spain-mens. Hong Kong? Bahh. Engrish-mens wark around with frannerh suits and give business cards to each othah meanwhire Hong Kong-mens spit in eggs when not rooking. Dutch East Indies? Rearry? Oh, prease. What-ah reft of Dutch-mens riving in hoterh in Rondon serring jewery to keep going.

OK, how about proposition. Arried-mens take comfort womans and everything can carry and go back to Socotra and Aden and San Francisco and Ros Angeres and Arried-mens can concentrate on Mistah Hitrer-san. Honestry, most of Japan-mens pretty sure Hitrer-san have brain damage anyway. We even throw in cheap gardening services when war ovah.

Oh, one more thing. Propaganda pictures of Japan-mens with big teeth and thick grasses just make Japan-mens mad.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Here's my contribution to the page 2 fund!
fabertong

Post by fabertong »

I am the significant other in this AAR.....Fabertong by name .......a penguin by nature.

My provenance runs along the line of 5 PBEMs of WitP and 5 of AE....some ongoing..

All but two of those as the Japanese.....and this is the first time I've played a Babes Mod.

The Cap and Sprior are old advisories of mine....

Daniel has appraised you of the split in command.....

We picked up this game 10 or so turns in so have been playing a bit of catch up.....

Can tell more once Page 2 arrives.....

But my basic starting strategy is to seize the South Pole.....build a Lvl 9 airfield and advance from there....

I hope that doesn't give too much away?
obvert

Post by obvert »

It'll be good to have a view of the other side and hopefully English with a few L's and not so many R's.

Could you enlighten un on the South Pole portal? Been wanting to build down there with all of my extra engineers but can't yet find the path. Do I have to mod a 19th century brigantine into the game for this purpose?
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
DanSez

Post by DanSez »

Good luck, I will be lurking.
The Commander's job is to orchestrate and direct the three major dimensions of combat - space, time and force. Shattered Sword, the Untold Story of the Battle of Midway
Argos

Post by Argos »

Help for the page 2 push (also I hear if you are familiar with something called 'the manual' you might have an advantage over your opponents)
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: fabertong

I am the significant other in this AAR.....Fabertong by name .......a penguin by nature.

My provenance runs along the line of 5 PBEMs of WitP and 5 of AE....some ongoing..

All but two of those as the Japanese.....and this is the first time I've played a Babes Mod.

The Cap and Sprior are old advisories of mine....

Daniel has appraised you of the split in command.....

We picked up this game 10 or so turns in so have been playing a bit of catch up.....

Can tell more once Page 2 arrives.....

But my basic starting strategy is to seize the South Pole.....build a Lvl 9 airfield and advance from there....

I hope that doesn't give too much away?
Advisories - those adversarial advisors are had to find!

Will you haul supplies to the South Pole from Cape Town or Port Stanley? Or will you just catch fish locally?

And if an ice shelf the size of the Isle of Man breaks off with your airfield on it, will you use it as an unsinkable (but meltable) aircraft carrier?

OK - I've done my bit for the 30 posts target.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
DanSez

Post by DanSez »

another bump for page 2....

The Commander's job is to orchestrate and direct the three major dimensions of combat - space, time and force. Shattered Sword, the Untold Story of the Battle of Midway
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: DanSez

another bump for page 2....

Well I see your bump and raise it one!
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

Must get to page 2...I need to see the war through something besides Mandrakes pop-bottle glasses [:D]
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

Wouldn't that be wine bottle glasses? Or maybe for WWII (d) he has his sake bottle glasses.

Tithe for page 2!
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

Time to get The Duke in action!

Attachments
JW.jpg
JW.jpg (11.63 KiB) Viewed 486 times
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

Planning the road to victory

Attachments
JW.jpg
JW.jpg (7.81 KiB) Viewed 487 times
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

Wouldn't that be wine bottle glasses? Or maybe for WWII (d) he has his sake bottle glasses.

Tithe for page 2!

Hard to tell [:D]

Attachments
tojo.jpg
tojo.jpg (5.87 KiB) Viewed 485 times
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

And my last contribution, I found a selfie of Mandrake!

Attachments
tojo.jpg
tojo.jpg (10.65 KiB) Viewed 485 times
DanSez

Post by DanSez »

That is harririous....

thou, wouldn't it be

"prease take-a the day off"

BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

Planning the road to victory

Is that a map - or a diagram of the descending colon?
fabertong

Post by fabertong »

You must forgive my typos/spelling errors.......I type fast and am using flippers....so I am prone....

As for the South Pole ......my advice is wherever you are now......head south.

But do take Ski Troops.....or.....penguins.

Return to “After Action Reports”