Calling Out The Reserves

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Platon

Calling Out The Reserves

Post by Platon »

Global War, Turn 1, 3rd Axis Impulse, Choose Action Phase, V.1.2.1.5:

Despite having still available Reserve Units in the French and German Reserve Pools, which were not called out during Impulse 1 and 2, the "Calling Out The Reserves Phase" is skipped in this Impulse, moving from Neutrality Pacts Phase to Align Minor Countries directly, preventing to set up these units now as I expected I would be able to.
Any ideas anyone?

with kind regards
And it is also my belief that there has to be CAP for the active player during Ground Support.
Shannon V. OKeets

RE: Calling Out The Reserves

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Platon

Global War, Turn 1, 3rd Axis Impulse, Choose Action Phase, V.1.2.1.5:

Despite having still available Reserve Units in the French and German Reserve Pools, which were not called out during Impulse 1 and 2, the "Calling Out The Reserves Phase" is skipped in this Impulse, moving from Neutrality Pacts Phase to Align Minor Countries directly, preventing to set up these units now as I expected I would be able to.
Any ideas anyone?

with kind regards
I would like to have a saved game for this if you have one available.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Platon

Post by Platon »

I hope that's the right one.
Attachments
T1I5Allie..entUSSR.zip
(1.46 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
And it is also my belief that there has to be CAP for the active player during Ground Support.
Shannon V. OKeets

ORIGINAL: Platon

I hope that's the right one.
Thank you.
Steve

Platon

Post by Platon »

Global War, V.1.3.3:

This still does not work in this last available official version.
*grabbing a new booze bottle to keep nailbiting at a reasonable level, waiting for the next version*

with kind regards

PS: Though I did not come far enough to test it ingame it is good to hear that the attacking side shall now be able to fly CAP missions during ground support.
Shannon V. OKeets

I finally got around to fixing this. Sorry that it took so long. This will be included in version 1.4.1.0.

April 14, 2015 - Reenabled calling out reserve units which were not called out at the first opportunity (i.e., when a declaration of war was made).
Steve

Platon

Post by Platon »

Very glad to hear this!
I always use this option, mostly for Germany against an overeager France in 1939 or USSR in Barbarossa to keep some units in hand. It can be very annoying for an attacker when a unit pops out in a city out of nowhere at a moment least accounted for, even disorganized. This of course does only work when one can bring them on at the start of an impulse.

with kind regards

Return to “Tech Support”