Beta Patch thoughts

The newest game by Ageod, set during The Great War.

Moderator: Pocus

zoot

Beta Patch thoughts

Post by zoot »

Well there is still no air combat
The Russians have a habit of sending swarms of a regular unit paired with a supply unit into my rear areas and they are hard to eliminate
It took two 300point corps seven turns to eliminate one of these , after six battles.
Double stack recon bases or overlap their areas. Its amazing what you'll find. Like a British stack with two arty units, fifteen leaders and ten supply units.
I still see reinforcements getting into totally surrounded and besieged cities like Paris and Warsaw.
I had most of the Russian army encircled around Warsaw in one game, they had so many supply units it didn't matter.
Don't over build munitions plants, one every other turn until mid 1916 is fine, my three games I completed always ended someplace in 1917. Using normal settings
Using gas a lot will cost you in moral points
Keep an eye on Austrian's alignment, you may have to offer concessions and gov. change to keep them in the war.
As the Central player keep the Austrians on the defensive and make your German thrust at Warsaw, just maintain your border up north, the Russians will beat their heads against Austrians forts and then once they start withdrawling troops to fight the Warsaw battles the Austrians can go on the offensive
The Turks Bulgars are great for clearing out Serbia and Romania.
Use the Turks to take Egypt, and build them medium arty.
I haven't used u boats in the beta patch, they were to costly and were sunk to fast, rather buy tanks and heavy arty.
Hope this has been of some help
Zoot
thomas cook
BYU 14

RE: Beta Patch thoughts

Post by BYU 14 »

Would still like to see this on steam so I could test it :(
Gizuria

Post by Gizuria »

ORIGINAL: BYU 14

It should be on Steam. Just Right Click the game on the menu, select Properties, select Betas tab and opt in.
BYU 14

Post by BYU 14 »

Excellent, thank you

ORIGINAL: Fascist Dog

ORIGINAL: BYU 14

It should be on Steam. Just Right Click the game on the menu, select Properties, select Betas tab and opt in.

Return to “To End All Wars Series”