old bug (fixed)

Commander - The Great War is the latest release in the popular and playable Commander series of historical strategy games. Gamers will enjoy a huge hex based campaign map that stretches from the USA in the west, Africa and Arabia to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east on a new engine that is more efficient and fully supports widescreen resolutions.
Commander – The Great War features a Grand Campaign covering the whole of World War I from the invasion of Belgium on August 5, 1914 to the Armistice on the 11th of November 1918 in addition to 16 different unit types including Infantry, Cavalry, Armoured Cars and Tanks, Artillery, Railroad Guns and Armoured Trains and more!

Moderators: Lord Zimoa, MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

DukeOfLight

old bug (fixed)

Post by DukeOfLight »

In the reasearch screen in 1918 scenario for germany and ah in the small pictur the fighters have thir wings blue, but in the big picture they have the wings green.
So what happened?
kirk23

RE: 1.06 bug

Post by kirk23 »

I personally never altered the aircraft art,so the only thing I can say is that,the reason it appears in the 1918 scenario,is down to the fact that I tweaked the research tech tree for all the scenarios in the game.But since you did noticed this small glitch,I have altered the art see photo.[:D]

Aircraft art corrected.[;)]

Attachments
Aircraftartcolour.jpg
Aircraftartcolour.jpg (209.22 KiB) Viewed 186 times
Make it so!
DukeOfLight

Post by DukeOfLight »

well so there will be a patch or???
Also...when the first winter arrived the ai turn is taking forever.
It passed like 30 minutes and still ai didint finished his turn.
if you tell me how to attached a file i can give you the save.
Lord Zimoa

Post by Lord Zimoa »

Yes, once the Open Beta 1.6.0 patch is more tested, we will collect all the the bugs and fixes and release an official 1.6.x patch.

This will be than officially announced and distributed both on Steam and for Matrix/Slitherine PC users. Hopefully within a few weeks, but we need some more testing for sure as there are so many changes made, bugs or mistakes are likely to slipped in.

Again this is an Open Beta test patch that will have some bugs, also note MP games are on the Beta server!

Tip:

As this is an OPEN BETA and we have so many big changes to test, if you cannot handle the occasional bug or dont feel like helping us out ironing out any bugs you can find, please DO NOT participate in the OPEN BETA TESTING.

Multiplayer games for this OPEN BETA are on the BETA server, so you CANNOT continue ongoing games you will have to swap back to the official 1.5.2 version. But please start new MP games with the 1.6.0 Open Beta Patch, as we need some help testing here.
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Tip : If anyone is having a problem with the AI slowing down,it is usually caused by,other programs running in the background on your computer,like Anti-virus software for example.If you right click on the games short cut on your desktop,and click on properties.Add this, /nocache. What it does,is reduces the ram load on your system,when you play the game for a long period of time without taking a break.

"C:\Program Files\Slitherine\Commander The Great War\ctgw.exe" /nocache

Attachments
Nocache.jpg
Nocache.jpg (68.82 KiB) Viewed 186 times
Make it so!
DukeOfLight

Post by DukeOfLight »

this is only when the first winter turn appears, its not related with my antivirus program, everything went fine until the first turn of winter arrived.
as i told you if you want my save tell me how to post it.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

The beta is not ready yet guys - I've closed the beta branch on steam for now until we get it ready. We'll get 1.06 out ASAP.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Tomokatu

Post by Tomokatu »

I WANT to like this and return to it, but I MUST have v1.06 before I'll consider it.
Put down the deep-fried Mars Bars and chips and back to the slave pits!
For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction
toddtreadway

Post by toddtreadway »

How do I get the 1.06 beta patch?

Return to “Commander - The Great War”