price of the game

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

mrfeizhu

price of the game

Post by mrfeizhu »

I have seen the question what is the price?, but have not seen an answer. It's not own known to the developers. Obviously most people will buy it, but it is nice to know. Also how much will the add on's cost as they are released?
Old man sort of living in China for the last 18 years
elmo3

RE: price of the game

Post by elmo3 »

Could be wrong but I don't think Matrix announces a price until the game launches.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

Correct. I would assume around the same cost as WitP AE or WitE so 60-80$ would be the range I would expect. Our hobby is not cheap [:)]
Commanderski

Post by Commanderski »

Correct. I would assume around the same cost as WitP AE or WitE so 60-80$ would be the range I would expect. Our hobby is not cheap

But if you figure the cost per hours of play it probably comes out to less than a penny an hour. [:)]
mrfeizhu

Post by mrfeizhu »

WitP and WitP AE was the best buy. The only problem is finding time to play them.
Old man sort of living in China for the last 18 years
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

ORIGINAL: Commanderski
Correct. I would assume around the same cost as WitP AE or WitE so 60-80$ would be the range I would expect. Our hobby is not cheap

But if you figure the cost per hours of play it probably comes out to less than a penny an hour. [:)]

How does that go over with your significant other may I ask [:D]? That line has never worked well with mine [:(]
Commanderski

Post by Commanderski »

quote:ORIGINAL: Commanderski quote:Correct. I would assume around the same cost as WitP AE or WitE so 60-80$ would be the range I would expect. Our hobby is not cheap But if you figure the cost per hours of play it probably comes out to less than a penny an hour. How does that go over with your significant other may I ask ? That line has never worked well with mine

Having no "significant other" means hours of uninterrupted game time [:)]
warshipbuilder

Post by warshipbuilder »

That line has never worked well with mine

Amen brother, amen.
warshipbuilder

Any ship can be a minesweeper, once.
ED/BTR Ressurection Project
https://www.bombercommandmuseumarchives.ca/
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

ORIGINAL: Commanderski

How does that go over with your significant other may I ask [:D]? That line has never worked well with mine [:(]

You need the right incentive. Jewelry, a car, a day at a spa. Whatever you do, it has to cost more than the game.
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
CaptBeefheart

Post by CaptBeefheart »

A night's stay at the Conrad with a spa package works for me.

Cheers,
CC
Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi guys,

We don't announce prices before release, but you can expect this to be in the ballpark with our other previous Gary Grigsby new releases. These are the most complex, realistic, detailed and design/development-intensive wargames we make.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
sh0nyu

Post by sh0nyu »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

These are the most complex, realistic, detailed and design/development-intensive wargames we make.

Oh yes, indeed! Keep on making them! :)
(7th Jan 2020)
Jan 42 GC as Allies (PBEM)
Dec 41 of first GC as Japan (PBEM)
Delaware

Post by Delaware »

I am sure that the new edition with the hard back manual will be much more than the DL version?
smittyohio90

Post by smittyohio90 »

ORIGINAL: Delaware

I am sure that the new edition with the hard back manual will be much more than the DL version?

I sure hope so... while the manual looks great, I really don't want one (or to pay for one without getting it)

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”