New trade agreements - how?

A sub-forum for players new to WIF, containing information on how to get started and become an experienced player.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Grotius

New trade agreements - how?

Post by Grotius »

I'm wrapping up my first turn, and I was hoping to make an agreement for Germany to send Italy a couple of resources. But when I click 'new agreement,' I get only an option to make an agreement with Japan. I suppose I should've used the "trade" radio button during Production Planning to accomplish this?

Also: is such an agreement a good idea? Or is it like throwing money away?
Courtenay

RE: New trade agreements - how?

Post by Courtenay »

You can only make trade agreements between active countries -- countries at war with at least one other major power. Italy is probably neutral in your game. If it isn't, there is a bug, but I doubt it.

You most certainly should make trade agreements with Italy, when legal. Italy has far more factories than resources, and some of them can be put into production.

You can also trade build points between Germany and Italy. How much to do so, and even which direction, is not obvious. I will let you make your own decision here.
I thought I knew how to play this game....
Finarfïn

Post by Finarfïn »

IIRC you can't trade with an inactive power. Is Italy at war?

Fin
Ur_Vile_WEdge

Post by Ur_Vile_WEdge »

Italy is never at war during the lending resources step of the first turn....
"When beset by danger,
When in deadly doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout."
joshuamnave

Post by joshuamnave »

The first turn never has a lending resource step. The first lending resource step in a global war game comes at the start of the Nov/Dec turn, and Italy is certainly able to be at war by then.
Head Geek in Charge at politigeek.net - the intersection of politics and all things geeky
Grotius

Post by Grotius »

Thanks for the replies. Yes, Italy is neutral, so I guess that explains it. Thanks.
Ur_Vile_WEdge

Post by Ur_Vile_WEdge »

And just one thing I feel should be clarified: Lending resources happens at the beginning of the turn, not during production. You need to have active major powers then, not later in the turn. You can't give or receive resources the turn you enter the war, (with exceptions to things resulting from various USE options)
"When beset by danger,
When in deadly doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout."

Return to “WIF School”