Army AI vs army AI

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

warshipbuilder

Army AI vs army AI

Post by warshipbuilder »

From what I am reading here there will be a lot of things that are automated and will take of themselves in the background if you so wish. Terrific, it lets you concentrate in the important task of reclaiming real estate. Patton I am not, so for me I find the air war side of this game more intriguing. Oddly enough that is the part that is inducing me to buy. Do you have the ability to to just tell the army to go and fight on its own? You know tell it to go to Rome let it figure out how to do it and once it gets there you can tell it to do something else. Allowing me to poke holes in said real estate without having to worry about such mundane things as retreats, invasions, POWs and all that other army type stuff.[:)]

warshipbuilder

Any ship can be a minesweeper, once.
ED/BTR Ressurection Project
https://www.bombercommandmuseumarchives.ca/
bairdlander2

RE: Army AI vs army AI

Post by bairdlander2 »

no.you cannot click on a city for example and tell your ai that is your objective take it
Joel Billings

RE: Army AI vs army AI

Post by Joel Billings »

No, this is a game that requires you to move the ground units. You can have the AI do quite a bit of the air game for you, but you cannot have it run the ground war for you.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”