Bug or me being stupid?

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

warspite1

Bug or me being stupid?

Post by warspite1 »

Just want to check if there is something I am missing or if this is a bug please.

I am trying to move a French Fleet into the Western Med and to then CTRL left click so that I can get some of them to continue moving.

Within the French fleet are numerous ships that have the movement and range to continue on to other sea zones.

I get this message however. Have I missed something here?

Attachments
aaaa.jpg
aaaa.jpg (351.56 KiB) Viewed 12 times
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Courtenay

RE: Bug or me being stupid?

Post by Courtenay »

The box is correct if the French have picked a combined action and are moving surface naval units, not submarines.

If the French have picked a combined, they have only one naval move. A naval move is one fleet moving to one sea box. Thus, in a combined, the French can't move units to two different locations, and the box is correct. This does not apply to submarines, where one naval move is all the submarines at one port moving to whatever destinations they like.

If the French have picked a naval, or if they are moving submarines, there is a bug. I rather suspect, though, that the French have picked a combined and are moving surface ships.
I thought I knew how to play this game....
warspite1

RE: Bug or me being stupid?

Post by warspite1 »

Great, thank-you. I had done this before without problem - but must have chosen a naval previously (thus allowing me to do it).
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815

Return to “World in Flames”