no one migrating to new colonies

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

inyasha23

no one migrating to new colonies

Post by inyasha23 »

i have over 20 worlds with under 100 million people i have the policy set to "do not accept" because i don't want any aliens at my colony, only my race.

my home world has 22 billion people and the tax rate is 60% with -15 happiness but no one wants to go to the fresh new worlds with 0% tax rate.
Aeson

RE: no one migrating to new colonies

Post by Aeson »

There's a setting in empire policies that can affect how passenger ships are used. Check on it and make certain that it's not heavily weighted towards tourism.

Also, do you have a valid passenger ship design? Has the private sector built any? Does the private sector have any money to build them, if it hasn't built any? If you have some, what are they doing - taking tourists to resorts, or transporting migrants?
inyasha23

Post by inyasha23 »

yes i have 58 passenger ships right now, i designed then to transport 24 million people

the privet sector is rolling in money, they have almost 50 million dollars in cash and have a cash-flow of 700K. all of the passenger ship do is transport tourist, i have tourism set to normal. when i turn tourism off the passenger ships just don't do anything at all
Paxta

Post by Paxta »

Any news on this topic?

I saw this behavior only after messing with the race files.
'Expanding: indicates whether this race will colonize new planets or not (Y/N). Set this to 'N' to create a static empire that does not colonize
Expanding ;Y/N
=> set to "N" and p-ships won´t transport migrants. Just an idea,...

Maybe someone knows how to stop a race from forming a independent colony (start/ingame)??

Also in the policy settings under Economy/Trade there´s an entry called "exploration". Somebody knows what exactly this is for?

Aaaaand, in the race file, the point "migration factor". Does it control external races coming in or my race going out, or maybe both?

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”