What a day in the city of Ottawa

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Twotribes

RE: What a day in the city of Ottawa

Post by Twotribes »

ORIGINAL: bairdlander

Exactlly,my friend/neighbour says that because ISIS seems to be the "winnning" team they are supported throughout their respective area's of control.The bottom line in my opinion is if USA had not knocked Saddam out,he had control over all the factions and was a USA ally,what he did wrong to piss off Cheney and the rest of the gang is unclear,but only a fool would believe its not about pissing off some guys who own some oil interests in said countries.It still amazes me with so much evidence to the contrary that people on this forum and many other still believe in the 9/11 rhetoric that over 1 million Iraqi's citizens should perish because of 9/11.Before that happened I knew and befriended many small business owners here in Canada who were from Iraq.Last time I spoke to many of them was in 2000 or 2001.At that time period they proclaimed a love of their homeland,peace under Saddam and they were leaving Canada to return to their homeland.I often wonder if they are alive or dead now.Good people.
There is no evidence a million Iraq's died in our invasion the lancet report that made that claim has been proven several times over to be false. Further support for a terrorist organization that butchers women and children and murders soldiers it captures is proof that Islam is NOT a peaceful religion.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

Exactlly,my friend/neighbour says that because ISIS seems to be the "winnning" team they are supported throughout their respective area's of control.The bottom line in my opinion is if USA had not knocked Saddam out,he had control over all the factions and was a USA ally,what he did wrong to piss off Cheney and the rest of the gang is unclear,but only a fool would believe its not about pissing off some guys who own some oil interests in said countries.It still amazes me with so much evidence to the contrary that people on this forum and many other still believe in the 9/11 rhetoric that over 1 million Iraqi's citizens should perish because of 9/11.Before that happened I knew and befriended many small business owners here in Canada who were from Iraq.Last time I spoke to many of them was in 2000 or 2001.At that time period they proclaimed a love of their homeland,peace under Saddam and they were leaving Canada to return to their homeland.I often wonder if they are alive or dead now.Good people.
There is no evidence a million Iraq's died in our invasion the lancet report that made that claim has been proven several times over to be false. Further support for a terrorist organization that butchers women and children and murders soldiers it captures is proof that Islam is NOT a peaceful religion.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

warspite1

Whoooah that is a comment too far. You cannot tar all people of a religion because of the actions of a few [:-]

Is Christianity a peaceful religion? Take a trip to Northern Ireland over the last 40 years in particular. What happened there doesn't mean all Catholics and Protestants are murderers does it?
Did you happen to read the thread the two defenders of Muslims supporting ISIS both said that a vast majority of the Muslims in the region support them. Hardly a small group. Perhaps instead of trying to blame Christians you should look to the violent teachings in the holy book of Islam.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Did you happen to read the thread the two defenders of Muslims supporting ISIS both said that a vast majority of the Muslims in the region support them. Hardly a small group. Perhaps instead of trying to blame Christians you should look to the violent teachings in the holy book of Islam.

Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

Willful ignorance is stupid. Islam TEACHES that only Islam is allowed as Government and religion. It teaches that killing unbelievers is to be done, it teaches that lying to unbelievers is acceptable. It's holy book teaches war and murder of unbelievers and the end result is the death or conversion of all non Muslims. Currently thgere are two schools of thought on how that will come to pass. One is to out breed us and win by assimilating our cultures through immigration and conversion by numbers, The other is that holy war must be waged to destroy all unbelievers.

Failure to understand your enemies and the threats they pose is a fatal flaw and weakness.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

come on kids stop fighting,someone' s going to start crying

Attachments
Ill_aaff9d_923421.jpg
Ill_aaff9d_923421.jpg (62.23 KiB) Viewed 65 times
ckammp

Post by ckammp »

My sympathy to the family of the young soldier.

However, I believe it is time for the mods to lock this thread, some of the comments are starting to get out of hand.
Chijohnaok2

Post by Chijohnaok2 »

ORIGINAL: Jamm

I feel bad for the poor young soldier.
What irks me is apparently they aren't even allowed bullets for their weapons when acting in that duty.
How exactly in the future are the RCMP going to prevent a mentally ill person from ramming some guy with his car in a shopping mall parking lot?

(in reply to Jamm)

The military service member killed at the war memorial was essentially a ceremonial guard. He does not carry an armed weapon (he had a rifle with no rounds).
As comparison, the U.S. service members that conduct 24/7 watch at the Tomb of the Unknowns in Arlington, Va also carry rifles that are not loaded.

Feel free to drop by and chat about whatever is on your mind.
Chijohnaok2

Post by Chijohnaok2 »

ORIGINAL: Capt. Harlock
Is no country immune to Terrorist spite? Canada was one of the last countries I would have expected to be hit by terrorists.

Not to deny the horror of having a soldier killed and the seat of government attacked, but I think the wonder is on the other side-- why it took so long. The jihadis have made clear that any nation sending troops into either Afghanistan or Iraq is a target. And Canada's generous immigration policies, like it or not, make it easier for those wishing harm to enter the country.

It was my understanding that both of the men conducting the terror attacks this week were Canadian born.
So their presence there was not a direct result of Immigration.

Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

Whoooah that is a comment too far. You cannot tar all people of a religion because of the actions of a few [:-]
Well said.

http://www.vox.com/2014/10/13/6968999/b ... ent-debunk

"Amry's point: if Maher's argument is that the rise of ISIS proves that all of Islam is extremely violent and intolerant, then by the same logic wouldn't the spate of Muslim Nobel Peace Prize-winners prove that all Muslims are also extremely peaceful?"
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

Willful ignorance is stupid. Islam TEACHES that only Islam is allowed as Government and religion. It teaches that killing unbelievers is to be done, it teaches that lying to unbelievers is acceptable. It's holy book teaches war and murder of unbelievers and the end result is the death or conversion of all non Muslims. Currently thgere are two schools of thought on how that will come to pass. One is to out breed us and win by assimilating our cultures through immigration and conversion by numbers, The other is that holy war must be waged to destroy all unbelievers.

Failure to understand your enemies and the threats they pose is a fatal flaw and weakness.

The same Bible that commands Jews to “love your neighbor as yourself” (Leviticus 19:18) also exhorts them to “kill every man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey,” who worship any other God (1 Sam. 15:3). The same Jesus Christ who told his disciples to “turn the other cheek” (Matthew 5:39) also told them that he had “not come to bring peace but the sword” (Matthew 10:34), and that “he who does not have a sword should sell his cloak and buy one” (Luke 22:36). The same Quran that warns believers “if you kill one person it is as though you have killed all of humanity” (5:32) also commands them to “slay the idolaters wherever you find them” (9:5).

How a worshiper treats these conflicting commandments depends on the believer. If you are a violent misogynist, you will find plenty in your scriptures to justify your beliefs. If you are a peaceful, democratic feminist, you will also find justification in the scriptures for your point of view.
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
Capt. Harlock

Post by Capt. Harlock »

It was my understanding that both of the men conducting the terror attacks this week were Canadian born.
So their presence there was not a direct result of Immigration.

Perfectly true. My apologies for expressing myself too briefly. What I was trying to say was that it is actually surprising that an Islamically-inspired attack in Canada didn't happen earlier. There was motive, and because Canada is an open society, there was no great difficulty.
Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo
Chijohnaok2

Post by Chijohnaok2 »

ORIGINAL: Aurelian

The same Bible that commands Jews to “love your neighbor as yourself” (Leviticus 19:18) also exhorts them to “kill every man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey,” who worship any other God (1 Sam. 15:3). The same Jesus Christ who told his disciples to “turn the other cheek” (Matthew 5:39) also told them that he had “not come to bring peace but the sword” (Matthew 10:34), and that “he who does not have a sword should sell his cloak and buy one” (Luke 22:36). The same Quran that warns believers “if you kill one person it is as though you have killed all of humanity” (5:32) also commands them to “slay the idolaters wherever you find them” (9:5).

How a worshiper treats these conflicting commandments depends on the believer. If you are a violent misogynist, you will find plenty in your scriptures to justify your beliefs. If you are a peaceful, democratic feminist, you will also find justification in the scriptures for your point of view.

Yes, portions of the Bible do contain phrases that direct believers to 'live by the sword'. That said, there is a big difference at the present time between Christians and Muslims.

Thousands of acts of terror have been conducted over the last 10-15 years by Muslims acting in the name of Islam, resulting in the deaths of tens of thousands (most of them other Muslims).
How many acts of terror have been conducted by Christians in the name of Christinity during the same time period?

What their "Book" (Be it the Bible or the Koran) says is one thing. How the followers of the Book act on that is entirely another matter.

danlongman

Post by danlongman »

It is easy to see that even a diverse group like wargamers
contains haters who are utterly convinced of the certitude
of their belief and are willing to antagonise others by
expressing them. All in a sense of spiritual righteousness.
Wherever we go the haters are among us.
Well ain't that just a dandy?
"Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw
gradenko2k

Post by gradenko2k »

Must we really have to trot out the list of contemporary 'terrorist' acts committed by non-Muslims as a counter-example?
parusski

Post by parusski »

You are spot on Twotribes. A failure to HONESTLY understand enemies is fatal.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: parusski

You are spot on Twotribes. A failure to HONESTLY understand enemies is fatal.

Curtis Lemay

Post by Curtis Lemay »

Show me a man who is prepared to blow the arms and legs off innocent men, women and children.

?? Is that a shot at Bomber Harris? If so, I would disagree.

Regardless, an enemy is righteously subject to any moral threshold that they've transgressed.
Don't care if he is Christian, Sikh, Hindu, Muslim or any other religion or sect. He's just a %^&^&*

Well, you know what Admiral King said: "When the shooting starts they send for the Sons of B**ches." This is war, not crime and punishment.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

Show me a man who is prepared to blow the arms and legs off innocent men, women and children.

?? Is that a shot at Bomber Harris? If so, I would disagree.

Regardless, an enemy is righteously subject to any moral threshold that they've transgressed.
Don't care if he is Christian, Sikh, Hindu, Muslim or any other religion or sect. He's just a %^&^&*

Well, you know what Admiral King said: "When the shooting starts they send for the Sons of B**ches." This is war, not crime and punishment.
Warspite1

The subject in question is terrorist actions - not total war. So no, this is not a statement against Allied strategic bombing in WWII. Don't get me started on that one......

Return to “General Discussion”