Video and photo coverage: Catamaran 2014 large joint amphibious exercise with CVN, LHD, LPD

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

xavierv

Video and photo coverage: Catamaran 2014 large joint amphibious exercise with CVN, LHD, LPD

Post by xavierv »

I had the chance to be invited by Marine National to cover a large amphibious exercise on Monday, I hope you'll enjoy, I was alone and did my best for pictures and vdeo

From October 13 to 26, French forces (as well as British ones at staff level) take part in a large-scale operational exercise simulating an expeditionary amphibious operation in a crisis situation. The joint maneuvers take place in the western Mediterranean and the French Riviera. The French Navy (Marine Nationale) invited Navy Recognition to cover the exercise: We could witness some of the amphibious assault, we then got on board an EDA-R (L-CAT) to reach the Mistral LHD at sea and the pinnacle of the event was a tour on board the Charles de Gaulle aircraft carrier.
scottb613

RE: Video and photo coverage: Catamaran 2014 large joint amphibious exercise with CVN, LHD, LPD

Post by scottb613 »

Hi - really nice work - especially for just one person... Looke like you were pretty busy...

[;)]

Regards,
Scott
mikmykWS

RE: Video and photo coverage: Catamaran 2014 large joint amphibious exercise with CVN, LHD, LPD

Post by mikmykWS »

Really nice work. Much better than most billion dollar news companies put together.

L-Cat/EDA-R. Very impressive cargo loads and they can move fast.

Day ops<---> Night ops for amphib operations. Major powers can probably do this but watching the procedure during landing made me wonder how many other Navies can land at night.

De Gaulle- Can tell you were having fun.

Thanks for posting this!

Mike
xavierv

Post by xavierv »

Thank you all for the positive feedback.

And for scenario designers, I was told during this trip:
- in most operations, the Mistral class deploys with 1x EDAR (LCAT) and 2xLCU because "that is the most effective set up"
- the LCAT could fit in the Foudre LPD but not in the Siroco LPD; They are the same class but Siroco had some modifications that makes its welldeck too small for LCAT
MaB1708

Post by MaB1708 »

Thats outstanding, thanks for sharing!

Rudd

Post by Rudd »

I enjoyed also, thanks
Vici Supreme

Post by Vici Supreme »

Thanks for sharing this!
BradOrbital

Post by BradOrbital »

Really great video, thank you.
Pergite!

Post by Pergite! »

Great video! Thanks!
Dutchie999

Post by Dutchie999 »

Thanks for posting this navyrecognition! Although I am kind of surprised to find out that there are actually french people who can speak english [X(] [;)]
Dutchie999

Post by Dutchie999 »

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

You obviously didn't go on holiday every year to France.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Stop being annoying

Thanks

Mike

Dutchie999

Post by Dutchie999 »

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

Stop being annoying

Thanks

Mike

Thanks for that response Mike. It was obviously just a joke. Sorry if I offended you. That clearly wasn't my intention.
Enigma6584

Post by Enigma6584 »

Very nicely done videos.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”