New UI problem in Steam version

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

alcamatraz

New UI problem in Steam version

Post by alcamatraz »

Hi,
I have a problem in 1.05 Steam that I never had pre-Steam.
Sorry, I uninstalled the non Steam version, so I don't know if its 1.05 or 1.05 Steam.
On the unit details panel on right side of screen, the interactive elements are getting corrupted when I mouse over them.
In the 3rd example in my attached screenshots, it looks like it has zoomed in loads for this element, and that is the cause of the problem.

The problem goes if i deselect and re-select a unit, but returns as soon as I mouse over one of the relevant buttons.
Everything else seems fine.
Thanks
AL

Attachments
CMANO1.05..rruption.gif
CMANO1.05..rruption.gif (203.98 KiB) Viewed 297 times
alcamatraz

RE: New UI problem in Steam version

Post by alcamatraz »

anything?
I re-installed game through steam, the problem remains
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Hi, thanks for reporting this. Please allow us some time to investigate it.
alcamatraz

Post by alcamatraz »

sure thing, thanks
alcamatraz

Post by alcamatraz »

bumping again.
how much time do you think?
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Sorry alcamatraz.

We're contacting steam on this one.

Thanks!

Mike
alcamatraz

Post by alcamatraz »

thanks for the update.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

This does not seem like it could possibly be a Steam issue. Have you tried verifying your local files? To verify the data right click on the game in the steam library and select Properties>Local Files>Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

If that doesn't fix it, it seems like some kind of hardware/software issue between your system and the game. First step there would be to check and update video and audio drivers and turn off any third party software that could be interfering, such as anti-virus/security or desktop/windows modification software to see if it helps. You could also try resetting your Windows desktop/video settings to their defaults.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Hi alcamatraz

Can you try opening your steam client, going to settings from the Steam drop down. From there select interface and then uncheck the enable DirectWrite.

The other thing you can try is disabling the steam overlay in play. While in settings select InGame on the left and then uncheck the enable the steam overlay.

Please let us know if disabling any of these solves your issue.

Thanks!

Mike
Asterix909

Post by Asterix909 »

Hi, I have the same issue, as reported here: http ://www .matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3712662
and re-mentioned here: http ://www .matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3717600
ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
Have you tried verifying your local files? To verify the data right click on the game in the steam library and select Properties>Local Files>Verify Integrity of Game Cache.
I just tried this, no dice.

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
If that doesn't fix it, it seems like some kind of hardware/software issue between your system and the game. First step there would be to check and update video and audio drivers and turn off any third party software that could be interfering, such as anti-virus/security or desktop/windows modification software to see if it helps. You could also try resetting your Windows desktop/video settings to their defaults.
My video drivers are up to date and I am running no anti-virus or other modification software. As indicated in my thread regarding the issue, I did try playing with my display setting including changing resolution and changing (including disabling) aero mode.

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

Can you try opening your steam client, going to settings from the Steam drop down. From there select interface and then uncheck the enable DirectWrite.
Just tried this, unfortunately no dice.
The other thing you can try is disabling the steam overlay in play. While in settings select InGame on the left and then uncheck the enable the steam overlay.
As indicated in my original thread, I tried that to no avail.

This is a very odd issue for sure! My Surface Pro (1) doesn't experience any problem, but my desktop does (my desktop dxdiag is attached to my original post, for the record).
alcamatraz

Post by alcamatraz »

Hi, Thanks for the suggestions.

I confirm I have validated the install, files were already correct. I also did a total reinstall.
Disabling the steam overlay has no effect. However, the steam overlay does not work even when enabled. In particular, the steam launcher only brings up the CMANO launcher, not the game itself.
So finally, directwrite had no effect, apart from making steam uglier.

It could be my video drivers, they are totally up to date, but as I said, before the steam version i didn't have this problem. Maybe its not steam, maybe a drivers update borked it, and was coincidentally at same time.
I'll try rolling back this weekend, and i'll try re-installing the non steam version as well.

Glad to hear I am not the only person with this issue, since it means its not totally me, but sorry that you have same problem Asterix.
caffienatedjedi

Post by caffienatedjedi »

Registered to stop and say I had the same issue with the Steam version. Worked fine a version or two ago, but not anymore. Validation and disabling the steam overlay didn't fix it, sadly.

Also been having some driver issues, so there may be a relation. Just hope this gets fixed, it makes it hard to focus with the ui glitching out.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Are any of you also running the matrix version? If so are you seeing the behavior there?

Trying to see if this is really Steam specific or something general.

Mike
alcamatraz

Post by alcamatraz »

Are any of you also running the matrix version? If so are you seeing the behavior there?

Trying to see if this is really Steam specific or something general.

Mike

Yes, I just installed the matrix version. The problem is not present in the matrix version. So it is somehow specific to the steam version.

Thanks again
AL
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

IIRC the steam client adds some "social" overlays tot he game. Can you please try disabling these overlays and check if the problem persists?
alcamatraz

Post by alcamatraz »

Hi, Thanks for helping to look into this.
As far as i know, the only thing meeting that description is the thing called the "steam overlay".
This was suggested in the posts above, and disabling this did not help.
Please let me know if there is anything else you are thinking of.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Hi guys,

Trying to get in contact with a higher level support person at Steam to see if we can partner to solve this. Will let you know.

Thanks!

Mike
alcamatraz

Post by alcamatraz »

Thanks guys, appreciate that you are being very good at providing status updates, hope steam can help!
Asterix909

Post by Asterix909 »

Let me know if I (we) can help.

And remember, the fact that we have a problem and desire it addressed is ultimately a compliment of the game; I do not bother tech supporting with issues in crappy games, only the good ones:-)
(I write that because my only posts have been about this flaw and I do not want it to come across as entirely negative!)[&o]
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi guys,

Unfortunately we don't have any timeframe on when/if Steam will be able to help on this. We're speaking with them, but any solution could take a while.

Do you both have the non-Steam versions that you can play in the meantime?

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “Tech Support”