Just Call me "Lefty"

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

GaryChildress

RE: Just Call me "Lefty"

Post by GaryChildress »

ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

Had a very good first visit with my new doctor. She took nearly an hour with me, exploring all my complaints and aches, reviewing hospital records, and also talking medical politics and pricing etc etc. She seems to know what she is doing and I am grateful to have her!

Hand is healing steadily.

I got my TramaDol refilled so I expect to sleep tonight. I got a mail in form to qualify for a "restless leg syndrome" drug at affordable prices via mail since it was way too pricey for me to get at the Pharmacy. Dr Evans thinks it will help. Waiting to hear on the bloodwork we did today.

It was a good day (after only three hours of sleep and an early rise and shine to get to Show Low for the blood draw and noon time appointment. The truck has actually been running reliably. The trick seems to be that I must start it every day and not let it sit idle. That's weird because the battery checks out OK with a hydrometer, but I noticed that when I start it for the first time on a day, the Ammeter shows a slightly elevated rate of charge for about 15 minutes, so there is some kind of battery drain going on it seems.

Best bet is to a get a replacement vehicle that is trustworthy and legally roadworthy (i.e. with headlights, bumper, and turn signals). My daughter says she will buy it for me if I find something suitable. I'm thinking a 4 year or older Ford F-150 4X4 would be about right for a ranch.

Great to hear your hand is improving. But best of all great to hear that you have a new doctor who sounds like she's pretty savvy in what she's doing and everything. I think finding a good doctor we can relate to is always a wonderful thing. [:)]

And to echo Josh, be careful with a new car, especially with those goats of yours! [:D]
rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

Wouldn't be a new truck...

Definitely old and cheap...

Something like this would be nice...

Attachments
Truck.jpg
Truck.jpg (76.21 KiB) Viewed 328 times
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

Not a bad looking truck. Kind stylish in it's own sort of way. My father used to have an old pickup he used for hauling stuff. He bought it probably about 6 or 7 years old when he first got it. Only it looked like crap from day one. But it got the job done. [:D]
rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

Insurance cost is an issue as well even if I could afford something recent.

I can't believe how much 14 year old trucks are going for though [:(] I guess they do hold their value.

Probably need to find someone with a junker in the yard with a "Fer Sell" sign on it. [:D]

Wish I had held onto my 2005 Jeep Liberty Renegade... I would have owned it by the time I retired and that was a heck of a good vehicle. Not a truck, but "Trail Rated" and you could put a lot of stuff in the back with the seats down... like fencing, sacks of feed etc and a rack on top to carry lumber. A truck isn't absolutely essential since I've started having my hay delivered by the feed store (free) once a month. It's nice to have a guy there to unload and stack it rather than me trying to drag those 100 pound bales around.

With a Jeep I could get back out onto the rez and adventuring again!
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

Hi R,

I think you just new a new battery. The old one would work for awhile with an electrolyte boost, but it's probably got a small leak.

Arghh! I hate doing these internet dx's. If you can arrange for a borrowed good battery for a few days then you would know for sure. Either way a new battery is a lot less than another truck, which will have it's own expenses.
rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

ORIGINAL: charlie0311

Hi R,

I think you just new a new battery. The old one would work for awhile with an electrolyte boost, but it's probably got a small leak.

Arghh! I hate doing these internet dx's. If you can arrange for a borrowed good battery for a few days then you would know for sure. Either way a new battery is a lot less than another truck, which will have it's own expenses.

I have a good hydrometer (used for my solar batteries) and it shows the battery as fully charged though.

The last time it wouldn't start, I brought out a large Marine Battery (fully charged) and attached jumper cables but it didn't help.

Of course, later or the next day, the damn thing started. I just never know what I'll get the next time I turn the key, but it's working OK at the moment. So I just keep starting it every day and letting it run for about 15 minutes which seems to be enough to keep it starting.

Still think it might just need a new battery? When it starts, it starts instantly, no grinding. Weird Solenoid problem? All indicator lights come on when I turn the key so I'm told that means the actual ignition is OK.

The bigger problem with the truck is that the front end is so wrecked that it isn't "street legal" in Arizona (no bumper) and only one headlight (conveniently twisted to shine straight down the road) and no turn signals or running lights. I can get away with daylight trips while staying local but I wouldn't dare drive it into Phoenix or even a yuppie town like Flagstaff where the cops would think I was an undesirable and probably stop me to search for drugs and then confiscate the vehicle as being un-roadworthy. It isn't worth the cost of repairing the front end (see pictures) even though it drives fine.

Sick of being restricted to local travel, need a vehicle that I can actually go places with... like heading back up to the Navajo rez to visit friends and maybe do some off-roading. That's the reason for getting a new vehicle.

[:)]

Attachments
PICT0937.jpg
PICT0937.jpg (72.13 KiB) Viewed 328 times
PICT0938.jpg
PICT0938.jpg (84.53 KiB) Viewed 328 times
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

The above pictures were shot right after the accident. I've removed most of the extraneous clutter and broken plastic and have the hood secured with a strap so it doesn't look quite this bad. The steering wheel is about 45 degrees off-center so that feels awkward when driving but I've gotten used to it.

I can officially declare that my wound has closed! At least, the inner layers. I can no longer see exposed tendons :) There are still several layers of skin that need to grow in to cover the raw growth.

I'd attach a picture but it, quite honestly, looks like a vagina [:D] and I don't want to offend anyone's delicate sensibilities [;)]
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

Doesn't look that hard to fix, if you can find somebody who straighten that bent frame. If a good battery doesn't work, then yeah, something else, like solenoid could be sticking. Lots of the testing equipment is really not so hot IMO.

Don't get in another accident!!! And next dog fight use a broom. Tip, don't drive when the drunks are out.
As in never. They're sleeping it off in the am.

Yes I'm your mother, hope somebody sees the lame attempt at humor.

C
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

Accident? I was under the first impression that the goats ate the front fender. [:D]
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

The above pictures were shot right after the accident. I've removed most of the extraneous clutter and broken plastic and have the hood secured with a strap so it doesn't look quite this bad. The steering wheel is about 45 degrees off-center so that feels awkward when driving but I've gotten used to it.

I can officially declare that my wound has closed! At least, the inner layers. I can no longer see exposed tendons :) There are still several layers of skin that need to grow in to cover the raw growth.

I'd attach a picture but it, quite honestly, looks like a vagina [:D] and I don't want to offend anyone's delicate sensibilities [;)]
warspite1

My my! Can you use the V-word on this forum Rhonda!?!?![X(]

Glad to hear the wound has healed [:)] You should try licking your finger [:D]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

Lazy day of sitting around doing nothing... it turned colder, cloudy, and a high wind all day. About to make a big pot of Chili to ward off the chill tonight as temps drop to 40 degrees :)

Mostly just wanted to bump this thread back onto the front page after the SPAM attack wreaked it's havoc upon our creative works :(
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

Josh

Post by Josh »

Lazy day of sitting around doing nothing... it turned colder, cloudy, and a high wind all day. About to make a big pot of Chili to ward off the chill tonight as temps drop to 40 degrees :)

Mostly just wanted to bump this thread back onto the front page after the SPAM attack wreaked it's havoc upon our creative works :(

We're on page twenty by now... [:(]
Damn spammers. [:@]
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Bump

VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

bump
rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

Just to wrap things up...

Unwrapped the bandages a few minutes ago and my WOUND HAS CLOSED UP! [&o][&o][&o]

I'm not going to stress it and will wrap it back up and secure the thumb from moving again for another day, but things are looking good [:)]

I really, really appreciate all the support, advice, and sympathy from my friends here on the forums!

HUGS TO ALL
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

Orm

Post by Orm »

I am glad to hear that. [:)]
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Cataphract88

Post by Cataphract88 »

That's good news - I'm glad to hear it.
Richard
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Hussah! That is good news Rhonda

berto

Post by berto »

Good news, Rhonda.

Kind of gives you perspective on what wounded warriors have experienced through the ages. How did they ever cope?
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

Hi R,

Thx for update, I am happy.

C

Return to “General Discussion”