Bad news and Good news for 2.06

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

CapnDarwin

Bad news and Good news for 2.06

Post by CapnDarwin »

The bad news is it will be a few weeks before you get to see it as we get it finished up and into the hands of Matrix for a scheduled release with the busy holiday season about to start. The good news will be worth the wait when it is announced.

For now, play 2.05, drop some posts in the suggestion forum for things you would like to see in 2.1. Timely, since we are starting to work on it and planning features.

Thanks. [8D]
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
MikeGER

RE: Bad news and Good news for 2.06

Post by MikeGER »

The good news is: OTS has a website now and could release it as a "2.06beta release candidate" for those who dare to install it and of course without any warranty [;)]

don't need no Matrix installer and the one-button-look-for-update function to work
Templer_12

2.06beta release candidate

Post by Templer_12 »

ORIGINAL: MikeGER

The good news is: OTS has a website now and could release it as a "2.06beta release candidate" for those who dare to install it and of course without any warranty [;)]

don't need no Matrix installer and the one-button-look-for-update function to work
Go for it!
CapnDarwin

RE: 2.06beta release candidate

Post by CapnDarwin »

We did do a 2.06 beta for testing a while back. [:D] This update has to wait for a few reasons. I think folks will survive until everything is ready to roll.

Tim James

Post by Tim James »

I hope they can get it out the door before 2015.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Tim,

I'm thinking you won't have to wait THAT long. [;)]

Tim James

Post by Tim James »

I will purchase the game immediately if a new "beta" patch shows up on your website. Just saying.

BTW, the way you phrased your original post is a little odd. I sincerely hope Matrix isn't holding the deployment of a videogame patch to slot it into a product release schedule.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Tim, we have to finish a couple of things on our end, then files go to Matrix. They have to package the files in a new installer. We get the installer and verify the contents. This phase can go back and forth between us for a number of days due to everyone's schedule. Plus the guys on the Matrix side are usually hip deep in getting other game launches and updates going. It takes some time. That's why we try to steer clear of stating any dates for releases until everyone is ready to roll. We will be looking forward to adding you to the ranks soon.

budd

Post by budd »

Once your happy with it will you put it up on your site for download? I understand scheduling releases of games but having to schedule patches into some kind of que. I don't know if its a bandwidth issue or what but patches used to be released when ready around this joint.....how times change.....i know its not your area Capn, just thinking out loud.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Guys, please be patient. There's more to this behind the scenes than you know. I see the assumption on many of our forums that if only we were not in the loop, there would be more updates for everyone.

I think many customers probably don't realize how we work hand in hand with our developer in doing testing and QA on these updates, including many versions on many games that never even got to the public beta stage, to make sure that when there's something for you all to download, it comes with fewer unwelcome surprises. We are all working together to make this update the best it can be. There will be a very nice update for FPRS coming this year, just hang in there.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Budd,
To add to Erik's points, if this was a small Hotfix update like 2.05, we would probably place a zip update for those of you who work well with those. 2.06 is a very large update and we want to make sure it all hits the ground running true. I still need to see if our site can handle the bandwidth hit if we put the zip up as well. Our site is great for those one here one there large uploads and downloads, but might not be able to deal with a small flood of users. To be honest, I'm still figuring things out with Web design and site management on top of everything else.

We all need to be patient. The update is coming. It will be awesome. I may be a bit biased. [:D]

budd

Post by budd »

I'm really not talking about releasing something before its ready. I'm talking about when somethings ready it being held up to fit into a release schedule. I understand the release schedule thing as it pertains to full releases or add-ons but not as it relates to patches, patches should go live when ready.....IMHO.If this is not the case i apologize for my misunderstanding.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
WABAC

Post by WABAC »

They're still playing baseball.

What's the hurry?

DoubleDeuce

Post by DoubleDeuce »

ORIGINAL: WABAC

They're still playing baseball.

What's the hurry?

Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

Who watches baseball when you can play with tanks? [&:]

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
WABAC

Post by WABAC »

ORIGINAL: Mad Russian

Who watches baseball when you can play with tanks? [&:]

Good Hunting.

MR

You can watch baseball? [X(]

I thought it was something you listened to on the radio. [&:]

jph

Post by jph »

Is it possible to get an update on the ETA for update 2.06? It would be much appreciated.
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

There as been quite a bit of movement on this in the past 4 days.

Getting much closer to where this needs to be. The exact date of release, will, as always be up to Matrix.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

As MR points out, we are looking at a number of things in tonight's Dev call. I was updating documentation over the weekend and we will be verifying files tonight to send off to Matrix. There are also two last minute bug reports that we want to check out as well. We will do our best to let you know something when we know more as the next week or so goes. Hang in there.

jph

Post by jph »

Thanks for the info. I am sure it will be worth the wait, every excruciating hour of it! [:)]

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”