[A.62] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.9)

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

dvr

RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod

Post by dvr »

Well, I can tell you for a fact: for a father, husband, employee and a student 300 hrs it is a lot.
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

I started a rather failed game with the Such-Oos as race. Random draw sucks :)

Most expensive research and pre-warp was too much. Anyways, I noticed they have tech focus on missiles, but don't use them. That seems rather contradictory.
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Welcome to the club! :)
Such-Oos are actually funny pick.
And no, they do not specialize on missiles. They have bad weapon research and they use phasers mainly. Please read their info at end of OP of this thread it serves as small wiki and it gives a lot of hints what they are about. They are special and played as diplomacy manipulators and private sector cash-milkers. Their weapons are their incredible diplomats and very strong hi-tech research field specialization. I think you misread something if you refer to them as missile users.
Cheers
Ah and you should consider their big cons. Construction speed and very weak troops. As huge pros they combine diplomacy manipulation, rapid incredible hitech research, huge private sector advantages which could result in superior economy combining their pop growth and tax bonus, if been played towards pan-galactic such-oosian trade network.
Alien Immersion (WIP) : tm.asp?m=3651979
Beyond Extended Universe (WIP): tm.asp?m=3657646
Darknote

Post by Darknote »

Tried your modpack for a deeper immersion and after a 15h match I can say I am quite delighted and disgusted with it.
Pro's:
-Everything.
Cons:
-Human Character's faces. What is up with that? I'm sorry but they are just ugly as hell. As a sole human player (Humanity fuck yeah!) I am severely disappointed by those *things* they have on their shoulders and heads, what are those, sailors uniforms from Sailor Moon? Can someone actually place some very nice character images? Please?
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

ORIGINAL: Blackstork

And no, they do not specialize on missiles. They have bad weapon research and they use phasers mainly. Please read their info at end of OP of this thread it serves as small wiki and it gives a lot of hints what they are about. They are special and played as diplomacy manipulators and private sector cash-milkers. Their weapons are their incredible diplomats and very strong hi-tech research field specialization. I think you misread something if you refer to them as missile users.
What points to them as missile users is their empire policy that has missile research as a tech focus. It does not matter, though, as the research order seems to be hard coded a very long way into the game.
Icemania

Post by Icemania »

ORIGINAL: Bingeling
What points to them as missile users is their empire policy that has missile research as a tech focus. It does not matter, though, as the research order seems to be hard coded a very long way into the game.
Yep, Research Tech Focus is not used, the Research Orders are key, with one exception ... on a normal start it's used during setup to determine starting technologies. That said, not all selection provides the first tier of research in that area. In the case of the Such-Oos the first Research Tech Focus is Phasers. Missiles are there for some races only because later in the order they will Point Defence.

Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

ORIGINAL: Darknote

Tried your modpack for a deeper immersion and after a 15h match I can say I am quite delighted and disgusted with it.
Pro's:
-Everything.
Cons:
-Human Character's faces. What is up with that? I'm sorry but they are just ugly as hell. As a sole human player (Humanity fuck yeah!) I am severely disappointed by those *things* they have on their shoulders and heads, what are those, sailors uniforms from Sailor Moon? Can someone actually place some very nice character images? Please?

Hello and wellcome!
I have good news for you, those human pics will be gone and human race will experience complete overhaul and will have 12 CS groups, and will be the most complex character system in the game at next major update, A.7 (fisrt part of nov)
Their pics will be firstly done as other races, and then will follow Ergreagd fashion as unique per-character vector drawn illustrations with unique face each one. (thet wont come soon tho)
So, as i understand your only con will be gone in a.7 and i am happy to know that :)
Cheers

Sidenote: i returned from my holiday. In thet time SirFinbar made some amazing lore entries for some races and their groups, big chunk of CS/lore/pedia content is coming in first part of november.
Darknote

Post by Darknote »

Oh! That's wonderful! Can't wait for that!

Thanks a lot for yours and your friends' effort on this magnificent mod!
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Ok, i won my fist game as Trancendental Kavithian Harmony in Beyond Earth, time to get back to humans of Beyond Extended Universe :)
Excel file with human factions and their parameters will be aviable tomorrow.
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Here we go, consolidated spreadsheet on upcoming Human race factions:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Ah, and seems i missed some appreciation posts!
Thank you guys for your support, its appreciated, Luv U.
Cheers
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

How will the human factions work? If they are new races, they are a huge turn-off.
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

No, they are not new races, obcourse. I've stated already how they will work. This is solely Character system feature.
They will work as CS groups (normal races have 2-5 groups with/without non-group pool, humans will have 12 and nbo "no-group" pool), like other CS groups for other races.
They will be lore/character customisation/tuning feature for one and only Human race. All characters will belong to one of 12 factions, and depending on what goverement you pick and what cheracter set you have your human empire might be very different from human empire in your previous/next game. Player can have different human race if it being ruled by different humans. Humans are just so diverse :)
To people who skip character micromaqnagement this feature will be invisible. This feature only defines character set of Humans as a Beyond race which have race-specific Character system.

Probably if we cooperate with illanite they and their art will go later to augment his Unity mod which will have human-only factions. For Beyond they are just CS groups.

The file lirealy says that according to % stated in % column you have different leaders/governors/generals/other roles characters, which bear their faction credentials/logo and related bonuses connecting faction background with characters bonuses.
This also means that Human race have most flexible CS which will cover most of the bonuses among 12 factions of its CS.

As example if we take Pan-Asian Conglomerate, their charatcers will be 11% of human race characters pool, their leaders/governors will provide bonuses inspired / influenced/ synergized with Beyond Corporate Nationalism goverment (re)design and often bear industrial bonuses, bear their faction related positive and negative traits, their generals will almost always have Armor Strength and Troop Maintenance bonuses, and their Espionage/Diplomacy character will be matched to Competitive/Reserved attitude.
12 Factions means 12 different patterns for character skill/trait allocation, per each separate character role.
Dlakar have 2 groups and non-group pool, Securans have 4 groups, Mortalens have 6, Humans will have 12.

This create unlimited epic/story-play/game synergy and strategy combinations with humans.

You cant control correlation between character/goverment in term to force goverment if certain characteter comes to leadership because of lack of modding features, but you can force it with providing neglecting bonuses/making them fit/unfit synergy wise.

Obcourse the final point if full character diversification as been made for Ergreagd, where each charatcer (vector-art illustrated and generated with ergies tool from portrait part banks i draw/tune for each group) will have unique face and bear some things related to his charatcer group, for example, same PAC characters will be mainly asian or indian, with some exlusions, bearing their uniforms, while The Caliphate will look properly for guys who are following Islamic religion and mainly originatig from middle east states.
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

Thanks for the answer. I don't enjoy the character part, so I won't be bothered :) Nor do I tend to play humans...
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Characters are still esential part of Beyond changes, and even if you do not micromanage them, their race-specific designs influence each race gameplay subtly, but heavilly. They allow to customize the race more, tune it according your needs/style, add alot of flavor and race gameplay difference, and make each race (except perhaps Humans, at general scope (single case character set for Humans could be still heavilly specialized)) more specialized, and allow to player who have understanding of race-specific CS to min-max his gameplay and possible to get the maximum from the race with certain character micromanagement, which grade from being critical to nuissance depending on race you play.

Humans , within this myriad of races will look like guys with most diverse, flexible, fat character system, which can offer anything that exists in character skills scope, but have cons of being random and not so controllable , because if you need leader of some low populated faction, the change you get him are slim, since dismissing could not really be so effective as it for factions with fewer groups.
So each game for them will be very different, and thru game you can get any skill bonus you need if you have enough of luck, but it will be hard to control and specialize, because of such diversity, and will be certainly often more viable to play with the leader you got , because you never know what could be next.
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Ok Civ:BE sucks and i am back to full scale development starting from todays evening.
A.7 planned on 2nd week of november (between 7-14.11)
New update will (probably, i will try to make all those things in) include:
1. 8 CS : Phaerax, Banoserit, Atuuk, Yor, Human, XHuman, Yl'ta, Lipid
2. 4+ new pedia entries with extensive lore articles by SirFinbar and fancy icons design, ones that are ready are: Dhayut, Dlakar, Securan, Zadaj. SirFinbar continue his work so perhaps there will be more entries done for release.
3. 2-4 UI designs. (Will be exposed before release date) Plans are for those races UI: Zadaj, Yl'ta, Phaerax, Yereni
4. GALs for some of released / a.7 Character Systems.

xepooqu80

Post by xepooqu80 »

Hi!
First of all great work.. i have been enjoying your mod so much and i am recently playing it over Icemania ai mod since you incorporated it
Quick question:
- Which version of Icemania AI improvement mod are you going to have in A7. ? 1.03 ?
- For races not in Extended and thus not touched (as far as i know) by Icemania in term of research order/design/ecc did you do on your own some modification in line with what Icemania did or they are more "vanilla" (i.e. design not optimized for large size, research order not optimized, ecc) ?
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Hello and wellcome.
Once i started incorporation of Icemanias work i studied everything he did and i used that knowledge to build the new races which are unique for Beyond and do not appear in AI mod , according to their lore/my design vision, so all their AI features are inline with other races (ship designs/policies/research queues)
The version which is incorporated is 1.03 (it was 1.02, but 1.03 have minor fix which i did on my own (planet time construction time bug) so it is actually exactly the 1.03). 1.03 already incorporated into A.62 which is current release. The 1.02 mark on release information is actually 1.03 because of that change which been made by my own before Icemania released same correction as 1.03
Cheers :)
razanon

Post by razanon »

hi Blackstork

i have a problema, i just installed all stuff following instructions correctly.

i want to play Mortalen but i have two issues.

1: always (no matter race i choose my ui its from Suchoo race)
2: only i can choose estándar goverment types.

im playing with custom galaxy.

thx in advance
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Something wrong, and I need more info and details how you installed the stuff. Could you please make screenshot of your mod "images/ui/chrome/mortalen folder. Mortalen have own Ui and it is working on my side perfectly.
There 18 races which do not have their custom UI so they use version of Such-oos ui (but its different) as placeholder. Custom races his are still WIP
You can track uis in 2nd post in this thread. There 28 races done. 18 are waiting.
Also please attach the mortalen.txt file from mod races folder. They should have some gvmnt options.
thanks.
razanon

Post by razanon »

Something wrong, and I need more info and details how you installed the stuff. Could you please make screenshot of your mod "images/ui/chrome/mortalen folder. Mortalen have own Ui and it is working on my side perfectly.
There 18 races which do not have their custom UI so they use version of Such-oos ui (but its different) as placeholder. Custom races his are still WIP
You can track uis in 2nd post in this thread. There 28 races done. 18 are waiting.
Also please attach the mortalen.txt file from mod races folder. They should have some gvmnt options.
thanks.

its correct, but in game im seeing sochoo one.

i create custom universe... maybe mmm maybe its windows 8 and permissions!

Return to “Design and Modding”