I can't withdraw group

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Jorge_Stanbury

I can't withdraw group

Post by Jorge_Stanbury »

I hope someone can help with this.

There are around 4 or 5 groups on the West coast I cannot withdraw. I tried moving them to bigger airbases, with lots of supplies, etc.
and no luck; withdraw button is greyed

Why they can't be withdrawn? should I just disband and loss the planes?
I have 3 days left

Attachments
screenshot_119.jpg
screenshot_119.jpg (398.05 KiB) Viewed 22 times
msieving1

RE: I can't withdraw group

Post by msieving1 »

Generally airgroups that are permanently removed must be disbanded.  They represent groups transferred out of theater.  You can remove all the pilots before disbanding, but you lose all the aircraft.
-- Mark Sieving
leehunt27@bloomberg.net

Post by leehunt27@bloomberg.net »

I concur unfortunately doesn't seem a way around disbanding them. But you can try to keep the trained pilots :). Blame Eisenhower
John 21:25
jcjordan

Post by jcjordan »

It's as msieving says so must be disbanded instead of w/d. These represent groups/units that are transferred out of the scope of the game ie sent to Europe/Med or permanent training role in US. You can send all pilots in the group to pilot pool before disbanding the unit to keep them if you wish to.
Jorge_Stanbury

Post by Jorge_Stanbury »

Thanks God I didn't put more planes on these squadrons!

Morever, I was able to change one into P-26s [:)]
Ike will certainly have a lot of fun with the peashooters in North Africa!
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

ORIGINAL: msieving1

Generally airgroups that are permanently removed must be disbanded.  They represent groups transferred out of theater.  You can remove all the pilots before disbanding, but you lose all the aircraft.

Don't forget to downgrade the squadrons with good planes so you lose crappy planes instead of good ones.

I'm addressing the two squadrons of P-38s with significant numbers of planes in them.
There is one with 20 and another with 12.
There is also one with 5, but I find it hard to justify sacrificing 25 bad planes for 5 good ones.
Because they have withdrawal dates it requires a full 25 planes to change plane types.
This can ne accomplished with either P25s or P39s depending on how creative you have been with your upgrades and downgrades.
Getting 32 P-38s into the miniscule pool you get of them in '42 is definitely worth the sacrifice of 50 lesser quality planes.
Of course, this is all predicated on having PDU on.

Also, there is a way to save the airframes of squads with withdrawal dates that are not permanently restricted.
Make sure they are in the same hex with another squad of the same plane type.
Disband instead of withdrawing and you will be offered a choice of which squad of the same type in that hex to transfer the planes and pilots to.
Hans

btd64

Post by btd64 »

I will train the hell out of pilots in those squadrons right up to the day they need to with draw. Then move them out. Also with PDU off set the replacements and upgrades to OFF....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
sanch

Post by sanch »

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

Don't forget to downgrade the squadrons with good planes so you lose crappy planes instead of good ones.

I'm addressing the two squadrons of P-38s with significant numbers of planes in them.
There is also one with 5, but I find it hard to justify sacrificing 25 bad planes for 5 good ones.
Because they have withdrawal dates it requires a full 25 planes to change plane types.
This can ne accomplished with either P25s or P39s depending on how creative you have been with your upgrades and downgrades.
(I added the bold above ...)

Damn, there's another item I never knew - I've tried upgrading and downgrading, but it never even occurred to me that I would need a full complement of planes to pull it off.
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

ORIGINAL: sanch

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

(I added the bold above ...)

Damn, there's another item I never knew - I've tried upgrading and downgrading, but it never even occurred to me that I would need a full complement of planes to pull it off.

Its 27 airframes in the case of the AVG which always gets priority for the first units to upgrade to P40Es.
They are the best pilots in the American inventory at game start and will perform even better with the upgrade.
There is another added benefit of upgrading them early, before significant attrition occurs to the H81A3 airframes.
The H81A3 airframes go into the Chinese pool allowing them to get some decent fighters months before other decent types start rolling in for them.
Hans

Return to “The War Room”