Run Time Error

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWar

Barlow61NY

Run Time Error

Post by Barlow61NY »

Hello,

I have played this game on my laptop for a few months now without any problems or crashes. Last week, I received a run-time error and the game immediately crashed when it was loading. Are there any fixes for a run-time error? Is there any other information that I need to provide about my system or the game log before any help can be given?

Thanks in advance
RebBugler

RE: Run Time Error

Post by RebBugler »

Runtime errors don't have a specific cause, but since you're running a laptop I'm guessing it couldn't handle a large battle and crashed due to overload. Please check the minimum specs recommended for this game.

If you think it's something else, after the error and crash please attach your Work/SOWGB.log file here and we'll check it out.
Designer - Scourge of War
Barlow61NY

Post by Barlow61NY »

it crashes and shows the runtime error just after clicking to start the game. This is after months of having no problems with the game

Here is all the log shows:

Game Launched
16:56:53 Version:SOWGB
16:56:56 Loading Defined Lists
RebBugler

Post by RebBugler »

I've gotta ask, any changes to your system between the time it worked and didn't?

All I've got is to recommend a reinstall, maybe even a fresh new download and install. Save your Work folder and copy it over the new one if you go this route.

Sorry for the inconvenience, sometimes apps just get corrupted. Regardless, new installs almost always fix startup issues when everything else fails.
Barlow61NY

Post by Barlow61NY »

There were no changes to my system during that time.

With a new install, would that mean to uninstall it and then use the download link that I have after registering it with Matrix Games? or would I need to buy it all over again?
RebBugler

Post by RebBugler »

It might be better to uninstall first, but generally not necessary. Once you purchase any downloadable product from SOW, free redownloads are available for life
Barlow61NY

Post by Barlow61NY »

Alright, I will uninstall and do a fresh re-install and let you know how it works out
Barlow61NY

Post by Barlow61NY »

I did an uninstall of the game and a fresh re-install and still receive the same Runtime Error message when starting the game. the game log looks like this

Game Launched
17:46:20 Version:SOWGB
17:46:23 Loading Defined Lists
RebBugler

Post by RebBugler »

Please double check that you downloaded the final, full version, some folks have mistakenly downloaded an earlier patched version. I see by your log file that you're running version 1.5, the final version is 1.61.

Why the game just suddenly stopped loading in your system is the mystery, are your running Win 8?
Barlow61NY

Post by Barlow61NY »

I had forgot to update the game to 1.6 after doing the uninstall/install. updating it now

and i have Win 8 on this laptop but had been playing the game with no problems on compatibility mode
Barlow61NY

Post by Barlow61NY »

I repatched it and attempted to start the game once again. here is the log

Game Launched
16:13:05 Version:SOWGB
16:13:07 Loading Defined Lists
RebBugler

Post by RebBugler »

If you haven't, please read this thread:
tm.asp?m=3382169

There are a couple of solutions to this loading issue, download procedure and addressing Win 8 conflicts, maybe there is an answer or fix for you.
moet

Post by moet »

Hi. I was playing SoW Waterloo for some weeks when I got that "Runtime error" issue. It came after the game froze just after I changed the display settings (because of a lack of memory seemingly). I uninstalled the game then reinstalled it, and still get the error.

[My game copy is a press copy: ScourgeOfWar-Waterloo-v100.zip]
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: moet

Hi. I was playing SoW Waterloo for some weeks when I got that "Runtime error" issue. It came after the game froze just after I changed the display settings (because of a lack of memory seemingly). I uninstalled the game then reinstalled it, and still get the error.

[My game copy is a press copy: ScourgeOfWar-Waterloo-v100.zip]
Please try the beta patch:
tm.asp?m=3881653
moet

Post by moet »

The beta patch solved the problem. Great ! :-)

Return to “Tech Support”