Heroes of Stalingrad: What's Next?

Get ready for Mark H. Walker's Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad. This is the first complete computer game in the Lock ‘n Load series, covering the battles in and around Stalingrad during World War II.
Hexagon

RE: Heroes of Stalingrad: What's Next?

Post by Hexagon »

You see last announce??? World At War...

http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/threads ... -look.868/

I am curious about the price policy they are going to adopt... a lower price in all but using lower price than in HoS or reduce price in modules only.
Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

Yes, in the short run, players of Heroes of Stalingrad get short-shrift from this decision. However, I've more than gotten my money's worth from HoS, so I have no complaints. I'll continue to play it until the Soviet module for the new game comes out.

In the long run, we're all better off. Having a core game, to which we can add any modules we desire, is much better in every way. Even for scenario designers, the new system will, I would think, contain units, etc, for the whole course of the war, rather than the limited time represented in HoS. Furthermore, my only complaint about the game has been the lack of random map scenarios [with purchaseable units]. The addition of this feature in the new system far outweighs any annoyance due to the lack of future development for HoS.

I certainly intend to support this new venture, if for no other reason than that the modules I want to see, e.g., the complete Soviet war, won't appear unless they are justified by sales of the initial game. The possibility of these future modules makes me more than happy about Mark's decision.
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

Well, is much better the new system... but maybe the problem is for guys that buy HoS in Matrix... i really dislike when you pay for a game and you find your version without support forced to buy again same game... i dont know what they plan do with HoS owners... expect find a good solution for them.

Maybe the other good point here is that they can test modules launching them first in PC version... i really find interesting a WWI module for the serie covering the early war in west, war i east, middle east... and in a 2nd module complete WWI.

fran52

Post by fran52 »

Is like War in the Pacific.The first edition was named Honor something that i don't remember now than War in the Pacific and finally War in the Pacific Admiral edition.3 edition of the "same" game but improved each time.
P.S The mod is ready regarding the units but i have again doubt on terrain and maps.I have tested one scenario that seem a little bit hard for the Russian but not impossible.In this game the die roll have a big influence.
Anyway i think to release it with only one scenario for the moment,than i add others.
For the ASL players ,the scenario is: Soldier of Destruction,Guards against SS.The Guards must exit some units from the map but the SS are very aggressive.
Ratzki

Post by Ratzki »

Yes, by all means release the mod. It will be nice to see some ASL units again.
fran52

Post by fran52 »

Ok ,in few days i upload the files in an Italian site.
Cataphract88

Post by Cataphract88 »

Well done for getting it finished. I look forward to seeing it. [:)]
Richard
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi guys,

Just to chime in on this separate from discussions of what LNL may or may not do. HOS is a Matrix release and will continue to be supported. While it's received several updates and seems to be working pretty darn well at this point, Mark, Tom and Dave have agreed that any bugs that come up with HOS will be addressed so customers who purchased HOS have been and will continue to be supported.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

fran52

Post by fran52 »

The announcement of the mod release is under "Mod and Scenarios".Anyway you can download it from www.netwargamingitalia.net under Risorse(resources).
Ratzki

Post by Ratzki »

I cannot seem to find it
fran52

Post by fran52 »

Click on the link and than Risorse,the files are there.
Cataphract88

Post by Cataphract88 »

No they are not! At least I can't find them, following your steps.
Richard
Richie61

Post by Richie61 »

World At War for PC! [:)]
ORIGINAL: Hexagon

You see last announce??? World At War...

http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/threads ... -look.868/

I am curious about the price policy they are going to adopt... a lower price in all but using lower price than in HoS or reduce price in modules only.
To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

Sun Tzu

fran52

Post by fran52 »

No they are not! At least I can't find them, following your steps.

Strange! for me are visible and downloadable.Try before a registration.
In the mean time i ask if there is something wrong.
fran52

Post by fran52 »

I discover now that could be possible that the files are in an "approval status". This could explain why for me are visible and for others no.
I hope to solve all the problems with the moderator for tomorrow.
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: vsadek

LnL Heroes of the Pacific: Digital Edition

That's GREAT news. Woohoo just what I always wanted.

Dang poor Wodin he wanted Eastern Front and Warhammer....awwwww. [:D]
fran52

Post by fran52 »

The EAST mod seem OK.Try now a download.
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

So you lost Mark Walker too? That's two good developers in a row. First it was Arjuna with Command Ops fame and now this, what's next the Advanced Tactics guy or Ageod?
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi aaatoysandmore,

We're actually adding more developers by far than those that have moved elsewhere, but I do regret that we can't continue for the near future at least to work with Panther and Mark. Our contract was for Heroes of Stalingrad, which we all put a lot of work into, finished and released. Unfortunately after that was finished LNL Publishing was sold and decided not to continue with us. We wish Mark and Tom all the best and it's possible we may work with them again someday in the future.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad”