Officers

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.

Moderator: Vic

lion_of_judah

Officers

Post by lion_of_judah »

I'm trying to enable the officer pool for my Congo-Rwandan war scenario, but not having any luck. I have attached
a screenshot of what I have so far and need to know why it is still not allowing me access to the officer pool when playing the game.

Attachments
officerpool.jpg
officerpool.jpg (255.19 KiB) Viewed 255 times
Vic

RE: Officers

Post by Vic »

Yes for the pool button to show up. You also need to specify a stringlist for the officerpool variable for a regime that has access to an officerpool.

Dont worry about the format of this stringlist if you are not using rulevar 345 (the random creation of officers).

It this regime officerpool setting is set and rulevar 343 = 1 then the button will show.

Best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

How does one link the officers to this officer string?
Vic

Post by Vic »

Look at the New Dawn scenarios if you want to have RANDOM officers. Its an intricate list of types.
But more easy would be NOT to use RANDOM officers.
The stringlist itself is only used for these RANDOM officers.

For adding officers just add them in the lead(ers) tab and set their regime. If you do not assign them to a unit (in units tab) you will find them in the officer pool.

best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Ormand

Post by Ormand »

I was wanting to create "random" officers in a non-random scenario. That is the game is not generated with the random engine, but will be played pseudo random with regimes and peoples that I created. Is this possible?

I see in the RuleVars settings where the stringlists are set for each people type. But, if I want to have a scenario where I define a set of people, is it possible to set up stringlists to create "random" officers? I can't seem to figure this out, and when I start the game, even with officers allowed (but non in the historical pool) I cannot create an HQ with officer. Nor, can I figure out where the events might do this. I am sort of guessing that "Off: Last Officer to Initial" is called when the officer is created, but this does not check the name stringlists, etc. And neither does "FunctionOfficer". Then again, it is all moot, since it looks like I cannot create an HQ + officer without a "historical" officer pool.

In principle, I could make the names, etc. myself, but only if they can be created, and I can understand the event sequence. But, maybe it isn't doable.
One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork -- Edward Abbey
Ormand

Post by Ormand »

OK, I have figured it out. Took some trail and error, and looking at a random game that was created.
One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork -- Edward Abbey
Vic

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: Ormand

OK, I have figured it out. Took some trail and error, and looking at a random game that was created.

Yes the New Dawn masterfile is a good source to find out how to do random officers.
It is not that user-friendly though since a number of exact stringlist formats have to be used.
But defenitely possible.

Best wishes,
Vic

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”