Victory Conditions

Scourge of War is the definitive American Civil War grand tactical wargame of this generation. With impressive 3D graphics, an award-winning AI, pausable real-time play, historical battlefield terrain and orders of battle down to the regiment and battery level, Scourge of War captures the tactical challenges that faced the real Union and Confederate commanders more than 130 years ago.

This forum covers the main game Gettysburg and its two expansions Antietam, Pipe Creek, and Chancellorsville!

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWar

Rayfer

Victory Conditions

Post by Rayfer »

Playing Chancellorsville....first scenario after tutorials titled "The Opening Clash". It isn't clear what I need to do to win? The orders are something like this: march west until the enemy is met, get into a defensive position, hold and wait for the army to move up. But there is no arrow in the sky to indicate where this 'defensive position is'. Twice I've moved up the road, encountered the union cavalry, held in defensive positions and waited the arrival of the army. All end in a major defeat. I tried engaging the cavalry by moving forward, pushed them back, then held waiting for the army...again, major defeat. What's the key to winning this scenario? Thanks.
Rayfer
RebBugler

RE: Victory Conditions

Post by RebBugler »

Once you dispense of the Union cavalry continue west and an objective will appear on the turnpike. Hold this objective!
Designer - Scourge of War
Rayfer

RE: Victory Conditions

Post by Rayfer »

Thanks RB...!
Rayfer

Return to “Scourge of War Gettysburg Series”