I did a bad thing

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

heliodorus04

I did a bad thing

Post by heliodorus04 »

I think it was 48 or so hours ago, maybe a little longer, that I brought up an old axe I had to grind with War in the East in the 1.08 thread.

It was a pr1ck move, and I haven't gone back to read what was written in response, but whatever hostility I generated for my statement, I am sorry.

No one asked me to write this; no one banned me or even warned me.
I simply fell back to an old way of looking at things, and acted on negative emotions. I was disrespectful in particular of Morvael and his improvement team, and I deeply regret that.

I was disrespectful of 2by3 and the cooperation and support they have no doubt given to that improvement team, along with playtesters.

It is true that no game has better support after release.
It is true that War in the East is the best PC game of its scale and scope.

It is true that I should be a better person, and I'll keep trying at it.
Again, my apologies for the disrespect I spewed, and my hostility at a company that in actuality deserves my praise and support.

Heliodorus04
19 October 2014
Fall 2021-Playing: Stalingrad'42 (GMT); Advanced Squad Leader,
Reading: Masters of the Air (GREAT BOOK!)
Rulebooks: ASL (always ASL), Middle-Earth Strategy Battle Game
Painting: WHFB Lizardmen leaders
Peltonx

RE: I did a bad thing

Post by Peltonx »

Hi

Good to see your still around.
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
misesfan

RE: I did a bad thing

Post by misesfan »

I commented on that thread and I didnt sense any hostility. People were commenting that the editor is in there for a reason, etc. I dont think criticism is bad per se, but I guess the presentation turns people off sometimes (not saying that is what happened with your previous thread) - so I wouldnt worry about it.

I think 2x3 is a great company as well - as evidenced by the $80 that I laid down for WITE, plus $$ spent on pretty much every GG game that I have come across over the years. But the mechanics in WITE are opaque - at times - and not above criticism. My 2 cents at least. :)

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”