OFor red & blue boxes

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

PittBull

OFor red & blue boxes

Post by PittBull »

It's me again.
From time to time I am seeing red & blue boxes on an OpFor piece. I just can't find out from the manual what it stands for OR it's implication for my forces. BTW, there are "+" marks and numbers as I recall.
Thanks.
In Him
PittBull
ernieschwitz

RE: OFor red & blue boxes

Post by ernieschwitz »

The red ones are offensive modifiers, and the blue ones are defensive modifiers. If I recall correctly.
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
Josh

RE: OFor red & blue boxes

Post by Josh »

You can see the same thing on your units at times. Say when your Officer plays a card, then that unit has something like +30% in its counter. So the modifiers are directly connected to your Officers, some get pretty good traits or cards. Which traits your Officer has you can find out in his description. That is also displayed whenever he levels up. Something like "Officer X levels up and gets this and that trait" A trait is always active, a card only when it is played.

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”