About game translations; the game dont have spanish translation.

In the age of Pike and Shot, mighty struggles erupted across Europe for causes religious, political or dynastic. The Thirty Years War raged across Germany and beyond, leaving devastation in its wake, but saw the rise of great commanders such as Count Tilly, Wallenstein and King Gustavus Adolphus of Sweden, and rapid developments in battlefield tactics.
josant

About game translations; the game dont have spanish translation.

Post by josant »

I really like the game, but... I see that the game has only english, german and french languages; where is the spanish translation???

There are more than 500 million people that speak spanish in the world, and I think that the game designers should not ignore this language
JA
aaatoysandmore

RE: About game translations; the game dont have spanish translation.

Post by aaatoysandmore »

No comprende!! [:D] English speak only engrish. [:'(]
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

We find that translation agencies did a terrible job translating these type of games so have set up partnerships with reliable translators. We have them now for French & German but no other languages. If we can find a reliable SPanish partner you'll see more Spanish translations but its also about economics. Just because there are 500m Spanish speakers it doesn't mean they buy many games like this. If it were purely a numbers game we would be making all our games for the Indian and Chinese markets :)
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

If it were purely a numbers game we would be making all our games for the Indian and Chinese markets :)

[X(][:D]
josant

Post by josant »

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

We find that translation agencies did a terrible job translating these type of games so have set up partnerships with reliable translators. We have them now for French & German but no other languages. If we can find a reliable SPanish partner you'll see more Spanish translations but its also about economics. Just because there are 500m Spanish speakers it doesn't mean they buy many games like this. If it were purely a numbers game we would be making all our games for the Indian and Chinese markets :)

Yes, it is true, but people think that is hard to play this kind of games, and without even the manual translated into his language, many of them choose not to buy the game.

This is only my opinion, I say this because Spanish speakers have always been relegated to the background in these kind of games that we like so much, and many people are losing these great games because they dont know English.

[:)]
JA

Return to “Pike & Shot Series”