Heroes of Stalingrad: What's Next?

Get ready for Mark H. Walker's Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad. This is the first complete computer game in the Lock ‘n Load series, covering the battles in and around Stalingrad during World War II.
Ratzki

RE: Heroes of Stalingrad: What's Next?

Post by Ratzki »

I've been lurking around here for a while now. Gonna have to pick this up after I get off work on Wed. Curiosity has gotten the better of me. Maybe this will be the Deal of Week.[:)]
wodin

Post by wodin »

So where are all these WH40K tactical wargames? It's popular because it is pretty damn good. It also has loads of canon to go on and plenty of different types of units.

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

Oh Please God no Warhammer. I'm so sic of Warhammer this and Warhammer that. Now maybe some Avalon Hill type Starship Troopers? [:D]

But, in all seriousness a good "editor" and some sort of random map generator and then player created scenarios would do the trick as long as it had pacific land based units in the editor. All other factions would be welcome as well and that way everyone could have everything as long as they don't mind building most of it themselves.
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

Any info??? with the last releases in WWI games... why not implement a WWI game??? something covering early fights, trench warfare, middle east... something like Tiller WWI squad battle title but in a smaller scale, less masive.

If i dont remember bad you say something about late 2014 or early 2015...

PD: i dont forgive Pacific or WWIII hehehe
vsadek

Post by vsadek »

LnL Heroes of the Pacific: Digital Edition
fran52

Post by fran52 »

Fantastic!I have some scenario in mind for this game.
MikeGER

Post by MikeGER »

+1 [8D]
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

Great notices!!!

A little question, if i dont understand it bad if you buy a LnL game you can use over it any new LnL module you buy??? i refer when you buy a LnL you buy a full game (dont need have a core game, you dont buy a add-on or army pack like in old FOG system) BUT if you buy more LnL games you dont need have 1 installation for game and you can use all inside the module mixed with others no???
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

Sorry i dont remember ask this... is planed a beta test??? i finish one and have one slot for a beta [:D]

Ooo and a little question... you are going to provide better support for mods??? i feel like in HoS the superb extra work made by modders is a little... missing, a little complex use stock with extra work.

PD: if is possible use HoS and HoP together i think could be fun cover 1939 war in Manchuria and in 1945 and maybe some what if using soviets to join to the "island dance".
Ratzki

Post by Ratzki »

Good news at last. Sounds like we are going to get an improved editor, very good news indeed. Was there any mention of an approximate time for release?
Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

Randomly-constructed scenarios! Great!
fran52

Post by fran52 »

My mod is almost finished,now with the news i must understand how useful is.Anyway i post the mod and than we wait the news.
Charly G

Post by Charly G »

Very good news except "Heroes of Stalingrad" will not be compatible with the new game.

I've read on this link an answer made by a LnL administrator:
(Unfortunately, Heroes of Stalingrad can't be retrofitted: the new game has been built as an expandable system, with a core module around which all Lock 'n Load games can be added in a modular fashion.
As far as Stalingrad itself is concerned, we have a Russian Front module coming so you can be back in the Motherland very soon).

meskary

Post by meskary »

this is good news!
fran52

Post by fran52 »

Very good news except "Heroes of Stalingrad" will not be compatible with the new game.
Yes true ,but no one can prevent to use or adapt the same counters to the new game.What intrigues me is to understand if the new game have new rules and also the possibility to use the overlay.
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

Very bad news... i understand oposite in the info about HoP but if is like you say... not only you need do a 2nd game instalation, you cant use things from HoS over HoP and viceversa... for me this kills a lot of value in the serie, something like FOG system is for me a must have in LnL.

Now remove game from "buy" to "wait and see" in my list.

EDIT: maybe as suggestion work in a "stock game" where you can install all LnL modules could be a good idea... like in FOG, with HoS or HoP serials you can activate this modules in the base game and after HoP release modules for the base game... i am a lot against multiple instalations and miss content from a game in other.
Ratzki

Post by Ratzki »

I would be ok with it if they give the HoS owners a break on price for the Russian content.
Charly G

Post by Charly G »

ORIGINAL: Ratzki

I would be ok with it if they give the HoS owners a break on price for the Russian content.

I agree with you but I don't think we will get a discount because if I've understood the announcement, it will not be a Matrix game.
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

Ummm then HoP is going to be the base game where you can install modules no??? and HoS is in the "limbo" until they decide what do with guys that buy HoS in Matrix no???

I wait buy HoS in next special but now i prefer wait and see.

PD: i continue saying that best thing is release a base game avaliable for every LnL buyer and with serials activate the modules, with this HoS owners can avoid pay 2 times for same module and is much easier control the modules you have or not... new owners have it easy to because when they buy a module they download the base game, activate serial and after do this only need "buy" serials to activate modules in base game (something easier to for developers when want update game... they only need work over base game and release one single patch for base game and not one for every module).
Ratzki

Post by Ratzki »

I wonder if any of the Mod'd stuff from HoS will be able to transfer over. If we have units, then we can play and make due until official release comes along. I guess we can wait for the Mod guys to do their thing.
berto

Post by berto »

ORIGINAL: vsadek

LnL Heroes of the Pacific: Digital Edition
Awesome! A no-brainer, first-day purchase. I'm quite excited about this!
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

Return to “Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad”