Field Marshal Fogger vs Marshal Fulkerson (again)

Post accounts of your memorable victories and defeats here for other wargamers to share.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

larryfulkerson

RE: Field Marshal Fogger vs Marshal Fulkerson (again)

Post by larryfulkerson »

I was in the process of attaching the attached image when the thought occurred to me that my Moscow defenders are in the wrong
positions. This is Moscow now-a-days and I've arranged the drafted civilians in a sort of roadbump to the west of Moscow and I'm
thinking NOW that maybe I should arrange them into a ring around Moscow instead. But on the other hand they are building up the
fortification levels when they dig in and I can replace them with the troops moving this way from the east. I always appreciate a prepared
position when I'm taking over responsibility for a mission.

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (381.99 KiB) Viewed 588 times
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

This is a close-up of the area just south of the Pskov area to the NE of the marshes and you can see how John has advanced up almost
to the light screen I have erected here. I don't expect these troops to hold their positions, I'm more hoping that mopping them up will
hang up the Axis infantry for a turn or two. It's either that or cut and run to the east with them and Axis interdiction is terrific. I've seen
units get interdicted for a third time before it arrived at it's destination. Maybe that helps explain some of the Axis air losses. I'm moving
troops from the east westward and they are going to need a turn or two of rest before they should be committed to combat and that
probably means that I need another four turns or so before I can attempt to get the final front line ready; that will be turn 10 or so and
after that I'll be toe-to-toe w/ the Axis forces. Probably. Odessa has already started to fall since the Axis dudes are on the river crossing
they need. Axis forces are entering the road going north to the isthmus by the Baltic Sea and Leningrad will fall soon thereafter. So
now you know as much as I do.

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (417.17 KiB) Viewed 588 times
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

This is the area where the Stalin Line used to be. John has outflanked both ends broken through in the middle and is in the process
of wrapping it up as a package. All that is left really is the mop-up. And the worse part is that it's only turn 6 already. John is ahead
of schedule I think. Good for him.

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (415.97 KiB) Viewed 588 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's the condition of the airplanes now. As you can see they are mostly yellow and orange. And they were in the green just a turn
ago. The air war must be terrific. That and the airfield strikes John has been conducting. I'm going to have to pull them back again
until I get a lot more reinforcements. And they are coming in future turns.

EDIT: These are the missions the were last assigned and this shot is before I moved anybody or changed anything. They will probably
all be moved to the Moscow area and put on bed rest for maybe two turns or so before they might turn green again. They need refit
and soon.

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (125.31 KiB) Viewed 588 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's the south end of the Stalin Line and you can see how John has crossed the river to the rear areas already so the defenders
to the south of there are threatened and should probably cut and run but even though I've given the order to displace they are stubborn
and fanatical and refused to move. They said that mother Russia is worth them staying and delaying the Axis advance. I said that I
would put them in for the Lenin Star of Valor. But even though they agreed to stay and fight that won't help build another front line to
the southwest any faster. I need the Axis to be hung up here for more turns than their sacrifice will buy. John is moving like the wind
and it shows.

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (405.59 KiB) Viewed 588 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's the north end of the Stalin Line now. John has broken through and my front line is crumbling here. I'm badly outnumbered and
falling back is out of the question when he can chase w/ Panzers and motorized units. These troops are as good as gone already.
They will last one more turn, maybe.

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (430.15 KiB) Viewed 588 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Have I shown you the area just south of Pskov yet? This is that makeshift front line that I formed from units that had to displace when
the Axis leaped the river further to the north and outflanked the Soviets. It was pull up stakes and run or be enveloped. I don't expect
these troops to hold up the Axis advance very much. Think of them as roadbumps.

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (444.51 KiB) Viewed 588 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

This is the area just north of Leningrad and I've only just now finished building a line across the land. I used the best terrain I could and
I'm hoping this will hold up the Axis for a bit but the Murmansk area and just south of there have fallen already and Murmansk itself will
eventually fall I'm guessing. Archangel is a goner for sure, as the Finns will probably venture that far eventually. I'm thinking I'll wrap
Moscow with defenders and wait for winter when my boys will turn the tide.

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (386.79 KiB) Viewed 588 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's the Murmansk area........stable so far and I'm not seeing a lot of drama here.

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (454.31 KiB) Viewed 588 times
fogger

Post by fogger »

Have started on turn 7. Minsk has fallen and just to the north I have been able to feed 2 panzer divisions across the Dvina river into Larry's rear area.

Attachments
turn7.gif
turn7.gif (442.51 KiB) Viewed 588 times
Thought for the day:
If you feel like doing some work, sit down and wait....... The feeling does go away.
fogger

Post by fogger »

In the south the Stalin line has now been cut off and in the process of being surrounded. 17 divisions in the north pocket, 2 left in the centre and 3 in the south. I have also crossed the southern Bug river in 3 places.

Attachments
turn7.gif
turn7.gif (276.05 KiB) Viewed 588 times
Thought for the day:
If you feel like doing some work, sit down and wait....... The feeling does go away.
fogger

Post by fogger »

Beginning of my turn 8. I have crossed the Divina river in force. 2 Panzer divisions with several Inf divisions following. With this crossing I may be able to unhinge Larry's MLR.

Attachments
turn8.gif
turn8.gif (442.24 KiB) Viewed 588 times
Thought for the day:
fogger

Post by fogger »

In the south the southern end of the Stalin line has been destroyed and I am working on the northern end. There appears to be nothing between my forward units and Kiev. If I can move fast enough I may be able to cross the Dneper river before Larry can build a MLR.

Attachments
turn8.gif
turn8.gif (278.82 KiB) Viewed 588 times
Thought for the day:
fogger

Post by fogger »

End of turn 8. My Inf losses

Attachments
turn8.jpg
turn8.jpg (291.41 KiB) Viewed 588 times
Thought for the day:
fogger

Post by fogger »

My tank losses

Attachments
turn8.gif
turn8.gif (393.86 KiB) Viewed 588 times
Thought for the day:
fogger

Post by fogger »

My air losses

Attachments
turn8.gif
turn8.gif (239.35 KiB) Viewed 588 times
Thought for the day:
fogger

Post by fogger »

An overview of the front. I have broken in a point "A". Shortly I will have 4 panzer divisions to let loose in Larry's rear. To the south possible holes in Larry's MLR. I have taken some heavy losses over the past 2 turns and only have strength for 2 main attacks. The question is where?

Attachments
turn8.gif
turn8.gif (287.44 KiB) Viewed 588 times
Thought for the day:
fogger

Post by fogger »

End of turn 9 Leningrad front

Attachments
turn9.gif
turn9.gif (456.3 KiB) Viewed 588 times
Thought for the day:
fogger

Post by fogger »

Kiev front and what is left of the Stalin line

Attachments
turn9.gif
turn9.gif (284.02 KiB) Viewed 588 times
Thought for the day:
fogger

Post by fogger »

Some very heavy air battles this turn. Larry has moved up a number of air units. I think he has about 1,000 aircraft in the operation area..

Attachments
turn9.gif
turn9.gif (280.9 KiB) Viewed 588 times
Thought for the day:

Return to “After Action Reports”