Playtest: SBP v4.0mvp - AXIS (mike1984) vs ALLIES (burroughs)- PBEM

Post accounts of your memorable victories and defeats here for other wargamers to share.

Moderators: JAMiAM, ralphtricky

mike1984

Playtest: SBP v4.0mvp - AXIS (mike1984) vs ALLIES (burroughs)- PBEM

Post by mike1984 »

Note: This is NOT the same game as my other vs morshead. This is a completely separate game, with me taking the Axis up against the Allies (burroughs, in this case).

For more info on the changes in this version, read the other AAR.

burroughs has sent his first turn to me, and I'll try to get my response done tonight and post here when ready. I don't usually play as the Axis, so I could learn a lot more from this game than just how the scenario works out.
Sensei.Tokugawa

RE: Playtest: SBP v4.0mvp - AXIS (mike1984) vs ALLIES (burroughs)- PBEM

Post by Sensei.Tokugawa »

This game has apparently stalled, the time I devoted got wasted - yet another call for help I had answered produced no results. Same was Jason Malette's "Countdown to Infamy" when I had prepared myself and completed the first turn, but the other side has never intended to carry on at all as it turned out.
"-What if one doesn't make it?
-Then we know he was no good for SpetsNaz. ..."
V. Suvorov, "Spetsnaz;the Story behind the Soviet SAS"

...No escape from Passchendaele .../ God Dethroned, "Passiondale"

mike1984

Post by mike1984 »

I emailed you a turn on 8/24, but you didn't reply. I don't like to nag my opponents, so I never followed up and forgot about it. You should have emailed me personally if you had concerns, and I could have re-sent the email to you or told you to go check for it again.

We can just end the playtest. It's fine.
Sensei.Tokugawa

Post by Sensei.Tokugawa »

I had replied to no response so I am assuming you didn't get that. "Nagging" after two have passed is not nagging. In PBEM games the responsibility for carrying on rests on both parties.

After the last post of yours here I replied again to your mail as far as I can remember and then there's no reply ever since whatsoever. The other "playtest" here is apparently dead too so all I ever ask from my opponents who change their minds in the meantime is to let me know we're not continuing. Just a bit of loyalty and responsibility, that's what I do if I really must or have to like it was with "Pacific at War" against Larry.

For the sake of some general correctness.
"-What if one doesn't make it?
-Then we know he was no good for SpetsNaz. ..."
V. Suvorov, "Spetsnaz;the Story behind the Soviet SAS"

...No escape from Passchendaele .../ God Dethroned, "Passiondale"

Return to “After Action Reports”